Catastrophic Hurricane Felix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wll it certainly didn't go where the "experts said it would go!! I never even heard the word "El Salvador" mentioned until now. Those darn spinning things are fickle for sure, they never go where you tell them to.... Kinda like kids ;-). I hope every one is ok down there, especially the ones on the East side who took the F-5 part of it.

I heard on Love FM radio this morning that 4 people died as a result of the storm in Nicaragua. Here in Stann Creek, Belize, if it wasn't for radio and internet, we'd have never known there was a hurricane. Just a bit cloudy and some rain, which is pretty normal for this time of year.

Hank49:
I heard on Love FM radio this morning that 4 people died as a result of the storm in Nicaragua. Here in Stann Creek, Belize, if it wasn't for radio and internet, we'd have never known there was a hurricane. Just a bit cloudy and some rain, which is pretty normal for this time of year.
You don't have a barometer? The natives who live closer to the land do have other ways to tell of coming changes - smoke not rising, birds not flying, ect. I hope they found ways to get upstream and off those low islands.

The main reason for these postings are for those planning on travel to the areas or with other interests - like our concern for you and others we know there. I imagine the local radio does give warnings, and I hope you all do monitor these things on your own. Glad you were not hit hard, and hope the rest of the season is good for you. :)

I'm not sure how close it has to be for the animals to react. A guy told me Monday that all the butterflys were heading inland. Perhaps but that was a bit premature. Neither Dean nor Felix came within 200 miles of here so everything seemed pretty normal. They say the frigate birds come to land but I didn't see any. And the buzzards were still in the air yesterday.

I've been too far from the land too long, but recall some of the things we noticed here - how the cattle acted, edgy, overeating, heading for cover, etc. They'll give signs a day or more in advance, and maybe the butterflies knew. Buzzards flying high meant you were not in danger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom