Carbon Monoxide kills two - Eforie, Romania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sensors are expensive. So is a funeral.
But the good news is the sensor I showed is still cheaper than the flowers.

You guys really don't give up do you. Extra points for persistence perhaps?

If you feel the risk is great enough that you need to monitor your tanks for CO, then by all means do so! Some of us feel those risks have already been mitigated given the diving we do and the sources we use for our fills.

You guys really don't give up do you. Extra points for persistence perhaps?
I have to wonder why you continue to post in this particular thread. You have every right to do so, but no defense.

My county like many others of West Texas is crisscrossed with dirt roads usually every mile on section (one square mile) lines. There are no signs or markings of any kind except lately road numbers were added where they intersected the occasional paved road. Farmers often travel these dirt roads at high rates of speed, and we generally cross an intersection every minute traveling between farms. Seeing another vehicle around on these fast and frequent trips checking on workers is rare. Then one day two neighbors whom I've known for years had a tie at one.

One of them survived. The other never had a problem before. Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results

I want to make a planer. I wonder how thick that steel is?

I also want to turn some of my downed red cedar into furniture. I don't think they would make good boards, but I do have some Live Oak, Black Cherry, and American Cherry that would.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. I remind everyone that this forum has special rules. This isn't a place to practice your sarcasm or sense of humor. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

"Convince a man against his will and he'll be of the same opinion still."

You dont practice sarcasm....You exercise it.

Now can you go over the six posts I made earlier that you deleted, and put back the photo of the multiple gas alarm and analyser I posted. Thanks.
Are these analyzers used in most dive shops?

Are these analyzers used in most dive shops?

In truth that question is not relivant to this thread. But no matter at least we got rid of that last asinine "Thought of the Day" quote.

Look you need to be aware these were two professional divers, working in my neck of the world not yours, so scuba dive shop, American scuba sports shop, Yankee dive shop rules etc dont apply.

One of the divers happened to be IMCA offshore diving Supervisor, An IMCA offshore Air diving Supervisor, A mixed gas saturation diver and fellow of the same commercial dive school I went to. No matter however they were both on a working contract diving job and didn't just pop into a local dive shop for an air fill and a chat.

Hence my contribution to this specific post albeit now with some eight of my posts removed I find it very difficult to see if indeed this post will be left alone.

Look you need the background here its a complicated situation and the facts are at present not all in so the situation is somewhat fluid.

But to answer your question yes for a professional dive of this type total analysis of the gas being used would have been a requirement, not of the divers themselves but from the company providing and suppling the equipment and of the contractor who employed them.

Hence why the photo of a typical professional diving gas anaysis system was posted that is used for the provision of breathing air under the European legal requirement of EN 12021 for professional diving and should have been undertaken prior to this dive being undertaken.

With respect to others who have made comments (now removed ) and to our senior moderator Marg. I will continue to answer any question made regarding this situatuion however moderated and deleted they become.

But for those wishing to see the full transcripts and how thing develop I suggest making a copy of these pages as things develop or not dependent on the moderation level and as for the senior moderator on here deleting all the post. Marg you have a choice,

1. Do nothing and allow this post and questions to develop properly to a natural conclusion.
2. Continue to delete my posts and anything else that you and your fellows dont agree with
3. Put a ban on the account and see how that works for you.

photo cut and pasted from deleted post referenced above.
img_5886-1-jpg.653507

Bicker battles are never on topic, no matter how "right" you think you are". If you post something with part bickering and part on topic, it just might get deleted. Be nice and we'll be fine. If you want to whine about moderating, then take that to site support, please. Any further attempts to discuss moderating in this thread will simply be deleted including replies to this post. Let's keep the discussion on topic and save your bicker battles for rec.scuba. Thank-you!

One of the divers happened to be IMCA offshore diving Supervisor, An IMCA offshore Air diving Supervisor, A mixed gas saturation diver and fellow of the same commercial dive school I went to.
Yeah, if I was going to trust-me-dive anyone's tank, it'd have been his.
Look you need the background here its a complicated situation and the facts are at present not all in so the situation is somewhat fluid.
I hope we get to see the rest someday.

In truth that question is not relivant to this thread. But no matter at least we got rid of that last asinine "Thought of the Day" quote.

If I may ask what was asinine about the quote? And just to be clear to others, it was posted with the intent of supporting people's right to have their own thoughts / opinions but to also respect the thoughts and opinions of others also, not to challenge anyone's right to disagree with others, or as a dig at moderation.

Obviously not a very deep thinker, you'd be repelled then by the todays quote which starts with "Opinions are like...........". And no, it is not the one used / often repeated from the movie 'Apocalypse Now'. (I was / am just struck at how coincidental both quotes have been to this threads 'discussion'.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom