Carbon Monoxide Detection for SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the advise.

We have informed all the diveshops we know of (~700) that cootwo is now available.:)

So far only 3 have responded / purchased cootwo. :confused:

Please tell all your dive buddies about cootwo!!
What are your requirements for the dive center as an opening order? Perhaps you are demanding too much from them.

What are your requirements for the dive center as an opening order? .....
I would say far less than most of the other manufacturers ....
I would be more than glad to change our policy if a dive store proves me wrong.

I would say far less than most of the other manufacturers ....
I would be more than glad to change our policy if a dive store proves me wrong.
Please PM me your requirements as I was contemplating selling your products here in Libya if they are something we can afford under the current circumstances.

It's sad but DAN and the agencies are just not leading the shops and industry to safer standards in this area. The shops thrive on new divers spending more, so they don't want to advertise risks that their training courses won't exclude.

It's sad but DAN and the agencies are just not leading the shops and industry to safer standards in this area. The shops thrive on new divers spending more, so they don't want to advertise risks that their training courses won't exclude.

What are you expecting them to do here? Set the CO limits?

Dive shops teach about CO in their courses and it is part of the curriculum and is mentioned in the textbooks and videos (at least NAUI does), what else do you want them to do?

(I am curious not arguing or saying that you aren't right)

CO testing of tanks should be taught as part of basic gear pre-checks. Just as analyzing O2 content should be. Always know what you are breathing. Divers don't have to own testers, all fill stations should have one available. (My lds does and encourages it's use)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom