Carbon Monoxide kills two - Eforie, Romania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't test my tanks. I get my fills from only 3 sources. All are high volume, very reputable South FL dive shops. If I were a traveling diver I would probably spring for the cost of a CO detector.
400 USD. Just purchased one. Not cheap.

I'm just testing to see if this will be the 7th post of mine removed from this thread but also to say that you may have the heading wrong and may wish to consider changing it.

You see it wasn't carbon monoxide that killed two experienced divers, one a very respected commercial diver dispite the headline carbon monoxide heading I suspect taken from a local newspaper.

Now what did kill two experience commercial divers at work, at the same time in 13 feet of water may be an interesting speculation exercise but not wishing to offend the moderators or the rules I will leave it at that. With the exception of one consideration. It was NOT carbon monoxide. Thanks Iain

I'm just testing to see if this will be the 7th post of mine removed from this thread but also to say that you may have the heading wrong and may wish to consider changing it.

You see it wasn't carbon monoxide that killed two experienced divers, one a very respected commercial diver dispite the headline carbon monoxide heading I suspect taken from a local newspaper.

Now what did kill two experience commercial divers at work, at the same time in 13 feet of water may be an interesting speculation exercise but not wishing to offend the moderators or the rules I will leave it at that. With the exception of one consideration. It was NOT carbon monoxide. Thanks Iain

What is it then? You seem to have inside information. Share it with us.

Well, the news story may be wrong, but after google translation, it states "Basically, the two divers breathed in exhaust fumes."

Does your information show that they tested their tanks for CO? Our industry & sport is relatively young but even tho it was developed in recent decades, CO testing was not available until recent years so many more experienced divers & leaders still don't - and so the hits & deaths continue.

The aviation industry is older and still does not require CO alarms in planes, so NTSB: Carbon monoxide behind fatal plane crash in Guthrie Center

But then there are few state or federal regulations requiring CO alarms in homes, schools, hotels, trucks, cars, etc so those news stories continue as well.

Back
Top Bottom