Cancun shuttles to ferry in Playa del Carmen to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It is 4:24 a.m. on July 15th. Our flight got changed in the wee hours, so instead of flying into CZM we are now flying into CUN today. We don't have any reservations for a shuttle from the airport to the ferry, nor ferry to CZM. Any recommendations for which shuttle service to choose from CUN to ferry? I can find info for Winjet and Ultramar on FB (or at least I have in the past( - but if anyone wants to chime in with last minute advice I will HAPPILY take it!

Thanks!

You’ll see the ADO bus once you get outside which takes you to bus terminal and then 5 min walk to ferry. Ultramar is much nicer and better service and you can buy the tickets online in advance.

If you prefer skipping the bus and having a private transfer, contact Johnny (Jose) at American Transfers on what’s app +52 998 201 1720. Great guy and many SB’s use him. Last time i used him, it was $50 but the price might’ve gone up. It’s about a 45 minute ride.

You’ll see the ADO bus once you get outside which takes you to bus terminal and then 5 min walk to ferry. Ultramar is much nicer and better service and you can buy the tickets online in advance.

If you prefer skipping the bus and having a private transfer, contact Johnny (Jose) at American Transfers on what’s app +52 998 201 1720. Great guy and many SB’s use him. Last time i used him, it was $50 but the price might’ve gone up. It’s about a 45 minute ride.
Thanks! I already bought a Winjet ticket. I do remember Ultramar being nicer - but I was too sleep deprived and typed in Winjet and that's what I ticketed! I will see if I can get Johnny (Jose) via whatsapp. Thanks so much. Does he go direct or will he drop people off at all the other hotels along the way? I really want a straight shot.

We SWORE we'd never do the bag drag again ... but now the world is making me eat my words!

Hi. I'm pretty sure its a straight shot but if you fall asleep, even if there are stops, its a straight shot for you. I hope your dives are prolific and plentiful.

You should be a fish by now.

Hi. I'm pretty sure its a straight shot but if you fall asleep, even if there are stops, its a straight shot for you. I hope your dives are prolific and plentiful.

You should be a fish by now.
Still wishing you'd show up in Cozumel at the same time - it would be so fun to meet you, the wife and kids!!

I'm hoping to get to the ferry as quickly as possible so we can settle in early. Having been up since 3:15 I'm already feeling tired!!!! I'm such a baby!

Thanks! I already bought a Winjet ticket. I do remember Ultramar being nicer - but I was too sleep deprived and typed in Winjet and that's what I ticketed! I will see if I can get Johnny (Jose) via whatsapp. Thanks so much. Does he go direct or will he drop people off at all the other hotels along the way? I really want a straight shot.

We SWORE we'd never do the bag drag again ... but now the world is making me eat my words!
It’s a private car so they won’t be picking anyone else up.

Make sure you have an actual ticket for WinJet. I bought a ticket online with them but that was just to pick up the ticket at the ticket booth. That was about a year and a half ago so maybe things changed.

Still wishing you'd show up in Cozumel at the same time - it would be so fun to meet you, the wife and kids!!

I'm hoping to get to the ferry as quickly as possible so we can settle in early. Having been up since 3:15 I'm already feeling tired!!!! I'm such a baby

This Jose drove me from PDC to CUN on my last trip- he was very nice, had a large, new, clean van, and the AC was ice cold. Well worth the price of admission to me.

You could also walk out of CUN and hold a reverse auction with the 45 or so Taxi drivers- hold up a fifty and say "who's taking me to PDC"????

Attachments

• Jose.jpg
    Jose.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 67
Make sure you have an actual ticket for WinJet. I bought a ticket online with them but that was just to pick up the ticket at the ticket booth. That was about a year and a half ago so maybe things changed.
Yeah, I've noticed they haven't sent me an actual ticket yet ... and that's bothersome. Was hoping to avoid going to the ticket line. Thanks.

Yeah, I've noticed they haven't sent me an actual ticket yet ... and that's bothersome. Was hoping to avoid going to the ticket line. Thanks.
I just bought the tickets last month from the booth when needed, no que. Each company is going on alternating hours. On the day W as on even hours U on the odd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom