Cancun shuttles to ferry in Playa del Carmen to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might be better off just waiting until you get to the dock in PdC and booking passage on whatever ferry is next. With flight delays, uncertainty in ground transportation timing, etc. it may be challenging to determine exactly when you will get there.

And I'm not sure how many cruises are going on, but sometimes the evening ferries can be completely booked up by cruise lines for their passengers. I have to wait over an hour waiting as I already had a return ticket.

I have had Jose several times and the service was always good. They meet you at the airport, carry your bags to their van, will even stop in route for beer and drinks.
What I don’t like is they drop you off where you have to negotiate a cobblestone walkway thru a crowded area with all your baggage. It’s hard for those spinner types.
The ado bus is next to where the bike porters are and they take all your luggage and sometimes even room for you.
Like dandy don I just buy the tickets on the next ferry going. Just be careful as they sometimes up charge you to first class even if you just want a regular ticket.
Comparing travel time; Jose van about 45 minutes. ADO bus 1 hour and 10-15 minutes plus any wait time for next bus.

Huh? That did not make sense.

That I bought a round trip ticket, and then I got to the PDC ferry terminal the next boat for that line was for cruise ship passengers only. So I had to wait an hour for the next ferry. I am not sure how that could be read any other way.

That I bought a round trip ticket, and then I got to the PDC ferry terminal the next boat for that line was for cruise ship passengers only. So I had to wait an hour for the next ferry. I am not sure how that could be read any other way.
Thanks. Ok, I never buy roundtrip ferry tickets. I just buy a oneway for the next one available. Thanks for the warning on the barge people.

I am not watching cancellations religiously, but I do seem to hear of AA sending people to Cancun instead of Cozumel fairly frequently. Anyone have similar issue with United sending them to CUN instead of CZM?

I am not watching cancellations religiously, but I do seem to hear of AA sending people to Cancun instead of Cozumel fairly frequently. Anyone have similar issue with United sending them to CUN instead of CZM?
Is that really what they are doing? A flight to Cancun is going to have a different flight number, etc. Is AA just changing all that out of hand or are they canceling flights to Cozumel and offering flights to Cancun as an alternative? I don't think an airline can just change a destination of a flight, as in "go to Cancun instead of Cozumel".

Is that really what they are doing? A flight to Cancun is going to have a different flight number, etc. Is AA just changing all that out of hand or are they canceling flights to Cozumel and offering flights to Cancun as an alternative? I don't think an airline can just change a destination of a flight, as in "go to Cancun instead of Cozumel".
Well, a flight to Cozumel can divert to Cancun if needed, say for unforeseen fuel needs. But for flights to Cozumel being canceled or passengers misconnecting in DFW and Houston, most airlines have more flights to Cancun so most travelers would accept rerouting to there on different flights, often times pissed because they paid more to book travel to Cozumel than Cancun tickets were selling for.

I refused on a trip once a couple of years ago. After the airline changed my departure from Lubbock to Amarillo, then the first plane of the day got there too late to get me to my connection, I was looking at two nights in a cheap DFW hotel furnished by the airline maybe before flying to Cozumel or one night before Cancun as so many other flights had been canceled, followed by the bag drag with questionable hopes of buses and ferries still running during lockdown times, so I gave up and went home. My bags had already boarded and it took a couple days to get those back.

I've flown United to CZM connecting through IAH 2 to 3 times a year over the last 5 years and not had any major scheduling issues (knock on wood). Sometimes they consolidate my evening return connection to LIT so I get home at 9PM instead of 7 PM, but hey it is going to Little Rock so it's kind of understandable. YMMV... :clearmask::)

You are talking about semantics . Yes, they are canceling the Cozumel flight, and yes the Cancun flight has a different number. However , when they cancel your Cozumel flight with little notice and say the only way to get there is through Cancun, they are sending you to Cancun instead of Cozumel. I think they actually rebook you on the Cancun flight without even asking (you can either accept it or get a refund ). Delta did this to me the Thanksgiving after 9/11 so I know it happens. I think the airline computers see them as only 40 miles apart so they act like it isn’t a big deal.

I fly United. This hasn’t happened to me yet, except for maybe once many years ago when the CZM plane had some sort of major mechanical and I asked to go to CUN (have vague recollection of that ). I know I am tempting fate by saying it hasn’t happened to me. That is also why I was curious if it was happening to other people with United. Earlier in the pandemic United cancelled flights fairly frequently but gave quite a bit more notice (several weeks) than American (which cancelled them less frequently but with less notice ). Back then United tried to lock down their schedule a few weeks before the start of the month so while flights/routes here canceled you did at least have some time to adjust. Obviously weather events still forced some cancellations here and there but not too often. American seemed to cancel things with only days notice or less so it was much harder for people to adjust their plans .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom