Cancun shuttles to ferry in Playa del Carmen to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might be better off just waiting until you get to the dock in PdC and booking passage on whatever ferry is next. With flight delays, uncertainty in ground transportation timing, etc. it may be challenging to determine exactly when you will get there.

Yeah. If Ultramar is the next ferry, it’s only 250 pesos and you can save an hour.

I already bought open tickets on Winjet. No going backwards on that unless I buy Ultramar and challenge the charge on my card if I can’t cancel.

I’m sure I’m overpaying for our private ride from the airport to the ferry, but nobody was responding when I was shooting out WhatsApp’s (because they’re sleeping like normal people!).

I guess we’ll have to go to the Winjet window, but otherwise we’re set. In 12 hours this will be history, right? 🙏🏻

Last time I flew on business, I needed something I could pay with my corporate card so I went with the “taxi official” white booth that is there when you get off the plane. I thought they would be super expensive, but I paid only $1200 which is USD55. No trying to coordinate pickup on WhatsApp, no dealing and haggling with the crows, no risk of the taxi mafia trying to fight your driver, paying by credit card, nice clean car… I’m willing to pay the tiny premium for that.

I already bought open tickets on Winjet. No going backwards on that unless I buy Ultramar and challenge the charge on my card if I can’t cancel.

I’m sure I’m overpaying for our private ride from the airport to the ferry, but nobody was responding when I was shooting out WhatsApp’s (because they’re sleeping like normal people!).

I guess we’ll have to go to the Winjet window, but otherwise we’re set. In 12 hours this will be history, right? 🙏🏻
It's not like you're not going back... save the open ended tickets for when you have more time to waste in PdC.

Blech.

My choice on ferries has always been the next one leaving, and with so many variables possible on my arrival time as well ferry operations with the weather, I'd never book in advance.

Looks like my Winjet purchase didn’t go thru - guess I didn’t push that last button. So we’ll take whatever ferry is next. 😊

Sorry for being late — next time use this shuttle service: www.bookingdestinationservices.com

When I researched three years ago it was the cheapest shared shuttle between Cancun and Playa. Used it two or three times and everything always went smooth.

For last-minute reservations (eg. less than 24hrs before) you have to call by phone instead of make reservations online. Might have to speak spanish for that.

It is 4:24 a.m. on July 15th. Our flight got changed in the wee hours, so instead of flying into CZM we are now flying into CUN today. We don't have any reservations for a shuttle from the airport to the ferry, nor ferry to CZM. Any recommendations for which shuttle service to choose from CUN to ferry? I can find info for Winjet and Ultramar on FB (or at least I have in the past( - but if anyone wants to chime in with last minute advice I will HAPPILY take it!

Thanks!
Did they give a reason for cancelling the CZM flight? Staffing issues? Which airline?

Its just so easy to buy the ferry tickets at the Kiosk in Playa.....And yes, Jose is great...direct non-stop either way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom