Cancun shuttles to ferry in Playa del Carmen to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are there ever going to be any consequences for the airlines for jacking around travelers like that? I'm petrified about my three-legged trip to Providencia next month.

No, not that kind of third leg...

The bus to playa is nice, nothing wrong with enjoying a nice coffee at the beach while waiting for the ferry or a beer in the evening. The path can be a nice part of the journey.

Did they give a reason for cancelling the CZM flight? Staffing issues? Which airline?
American Airlines. They said it was a ground crew issue.

are there ever going to be any consequences for the airlines for jacking around travelers like that?
Probably not. They are scrambling to service avalanching demand while also trying to staff up and acquire more hardware in the face of an unprecedentedly tight job market and severe supply chain issues. I do not envy them. I also do not plan to fly any time soon unless it is absolutely necessary.

I’m off to MX in three weeks for full cave. Made sure to get a non-stop direct flight from O’Hare into Cancun. So far from checking the flight cancellation history online, it’s not been cancelled once. Flying Southwest.

Don't forget to email the airline's customer service about your experience requesting compensation. They should give you some credits.

Did they give a reason for cancelling the CZM flight? Staffing issues? Which airline?
The airlines have been in chaos for over two years now. They furloughed so many people who they need back now, but so many of them made other life plans. Airports too. I remember last year parking at a different lot that I've been using for decades, being picked up by the shuttle driver who manages both lots, and he said he couldn't find workers for my old lot. Then there are the horror stories of bags vanishing on flights to or from Europe, piles of thousands of bags in Heathrow, the airport begging airlines to stop selling tickets. :surrender:
are there ever going to be any consequences for the airlines for jacking around travelers like that? I'm petrified about my three-legged trip to Providencia next month.
Travel is always an adventure, and that one has the earmarks for sure.
The bus to playa is nice,
It is. If it makes a stop at the other bus station on the way, I get out and watch bags being unloaded to make sure mine does not get off early. I do that on Cozumel shuttles too.

I was irritated that American changed my itinerary for my next flight to Coz from one with a one-hour layover to one with three. This thread got me to thinking that I could just ask them to route me to Cancun instead, and I'd get there two hours earlier, then have to spend that much time getting to the island, so no. The odds are too great that they'll screw up my flights anyway, send me to Cancun, and I'll eventually make it to the island two to four hours later than currently "planned." I'll wait on canceling my first day of dives until that happens tho.

Rule one. Never fly on AA.
Rule two. Direct is best, so we just book to Can and ferry it over....mucho less irritation.

From the wilds of West Texas, we don't have many choices. I miss Continental, but since they merged into United, it's a choice of evils.
Rule two. Direct is best, so we just book to Can and ferry it over....mucho less irritation.
From the wilds of West Texas, no choices.

AA is my last choice but had no issues NYC to CZM last week or last August. All the airlines are having issues now.

I was watching flight aware yesterday to see if AA had more problems than anyone else. It looked like they were about the same as the other carriers (at least as of the last time I looked - around 2?). The St. Louis airport seemed to have more problems than other airports though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom