Can you show me pics of how you attach hard lead to rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Hollis weight plate provides some of this kind of flexibility too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it rides on the outside.

forgive my ignorance...i have seen s/s and allum plates of course for regular harnesses but does hollis make a s/s back plate for the sms50 , 75, and /or 100 ??

thx for the other info as well !!

forgive my ignorance...i have seen s/s and allum plates of course for regular harnesses but does hollis make a s/s back plate for the sms50 , 75, and /or 100 ??

It is not a back plate. It holds weights, but is flexible.
Clipboard01.jpg

I hope not. They're not a BP/Wing system. Sidemounting require flexibility, something which a backplate defeats.

It is not a back plate. It holds weights, but is flexible.
View attachment 180185

well that looks interesting. so does this fit all those three hollis rigs(the 50,75, and 100) ?? do you have a link to this product. can't seem to find it.

thx very much for those links
but it doesn't really answer my question. it seems (unless i am misunderstanding) that this works for the 100 only. so i assume there is no similar type plate for the 50. and perhaps being that the 75 is so new, maybe this one will also work on it as well. maybe not.

i thought i would be able to find it on the hollis site. guess i will need to look harder next time. thx for the help

but it doesn't really answer my question. it seems (unless i am misunderstanding) that this works for the 100 only. so i assume there is no similar type plate for the 50. and perhaps being that the 75 is so new, maybe this one will also work on it as well. maybe not.

i thought i would be able to find it on the hollis site. guess i will need to look harder next time. thx for the help

If you want something the size and shape of the SMS50 that also has mounts for weight pockets, look at the UTD Z-Trim + harness. Even some of the UTD "manifold haters" admit that the Z-Trim is a nice trim device, and it works just fine with independent SM.

http://utdequipment.com/product_info.php?cPath=42_37&products_id=211

They also offer a Z-Tec that's the same shape but has a larger bladder for 35 pounds of lift. This is the one I use.

The main design feature that allows these to have inside weight pockets (where the SMS50 doesn't) is that the harness and trim device are separate pieces. The weights are attached to the inside of the trim device, and ride outside the harness, against your back.

Diving my drysuit, I carry 22 pounds of weight distributed among 6 weight pockets. 10 pounds in 2 pockets for my 5mm wetsuit.

Last edited:

Look at the pictures. It bolts on. There are bolt holes on the 100 and the 75, but not on the 50. The 50 doesn't have enough lift to fill those pockets anyway.

What are you trying to do? Why do you need weight pockets on the back?

Look at the pictures. It bolts on. There are bolt holes on the 100 and the 75, but not on the 50. The 50 doesn't have enough lift to fill those pockets anyway.

What are you trying to do? Why do you need weight pockets on the back?

yes i saw the bolt holes and i assume it may work on the 75. but all the adds ay it is for the 100. that is why i said that may be because it is so new. maybe sson we will see the adds change to say that it works for both.

i am not necessarily looking to add weight to the back. i haven't even bought one yet. but i may be soon. i was just reading this thread about how add weight and saw the mention of a "back plate" and i was curious. i had never seen the one you pictured, only solid ones like ones used for back mount.
but if i do get the 50 or the 75 (those are the two i think i may have decide between) i will be trying some of the methods mentioned in this thread to add weight.
thx

ps......i believe i found a pic of a diver wearing the 75 with the weight plate

sms75.jpg

ps....sorry to the op for monopolizing your thread so much. i'll shut up now. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom