Can you show me pics of how you attach hard lead to rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This made my day. It's for this very reason that ScubaBoard exists: divers helping divers.

Of course, I could be reading this wrong. I've seen my cats' asses and I am not impressed. I get the feeling they think I should be, as much as they keep sticking it in my face. :D

Does your cat eat tinsel off of the Christmas tree? THAT makes for an interesting looking cat's ass :rofl3:

Ok...but how do I make this work with shot weight bags? :D

Weight pockets! Everywhere!

Among sidemount divers I know, the pocket approach is way more common than hard weights, but the OP was asking about hard weights.

Hard weights + bungees = waaay more affordable.

Bungees are cheap, but they can be a pain in the neck when they want to be. I use them all the time, but I have seen them pop off when the diver tries to adjust them with no thought to the process.

That's what I figured. I used to have a pair, but got rid of them, because I rarely dive with any weight, and the minimal amount I occasionally use I just slip in the thigh pockets on my 3mm. Unfortunately my blood is starting to thin, and I'm upgrading to a 5mm, so I'll probably have to add a few lbs. now

I used to have a pair, but got rid of them,
That's quite an admission! You sound like my cat BoBo. He's been "fixed" and he wasn't even broken. :D :D :D

Among sidemount divers I know, the pocket approach is way more common than hard weights

i am curious which type of pockets do you see being used ?? i would want a ditchable type for at least some of my weight. and where do you put them. seems most pockets are soo big they will be really in the way on side mount set up

wb101bkweightpocket.png

from DRIS: XS Scuba Velcro Weight Pocket | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

i am curious which type of pockets do you see being used ?? i would want a ditchable type for at least some of my weight. and where do you put them. seems most pockets are soo big they will be really in the way on side mount set up

These are not cheap but are very well designed:

http://utdequipment.com/product_info.php?products_id=251

Easy to get on/off 3" webbing without re-threading, secure when attached, lots of Velcro to keep the weight in.

For permanent attachment you can burn a hole thru the webbing+pouch keeper with a soldering iron, and secure a "sex bolt" through the hole. This is how I keep my shoulder pouches from moving.

I have 1 pouch on each shoulder strap and the rest on the inside of my trim device, which has five 3" webbing loops designed for this purpose. If your trim device doesn't have this, then the inner parts of the waist strap, or other places close to your center of buoyancy (hips/lumbar).

The Hollis weight plate provides some of this kind of flexibility too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it rides on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom