Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or were you incredulous that my wife would actually stay with me?

I was incredulous that your 90 pound wife can porter 70-80 pounds of gear up three stories. Did you marry an Iron Woman champion?

The owner of the apartment, Coline, was the impressive luggage transporter. I did not actually weigh her so my estimate maybe a bit off.

I appear to have wandered a hair off topic

Speaking of car rental, check with her about where to park. Third story no lift makes it even more important to find a dive op that can take care of your gear. Check out Tres Pelicanos. They handled all gear in the past including wetsuits. And it's in town so you could walk to their shop and back, from where they provide transpot to the marina. You might not even need a rental car though we've often rented one just to be able to roam the island. Another option is Scuba Shack. You'd need to drive to their location but they have lockers for your gear right by the water where you get on their boat.

She told me anywhere on the street is ok to park there. And no doubt about the gear storage. I'll keep TP in mind. I probably won't opt for Scuba Shack, however (max dive 60 minutes, 6-8 divers per group).

The owner of the apartment, Coline, was the impressive luggage transporter. I did not actually weigh her so my estimate maybe a bit off.

I appear to have wandered a hair off topic

FWIW, I understood what you meant perfectly.

Rick, I must not have expressed myself well. We booked the apartment for a trip to Cozumel that we took about three years ago. (I just looked it up. It was in November of 2016).

no. you expressed yourself just fine. i am an idiot haha my brain saw "three weeks ago", not "three years ago". oy. i need help.

She told me anywhere on the street is ok to park there.

Yeah, I've been told that before. Street parking on the island is crazy. Only place street parking is technically legal is white curb and there is almost no white curb to be found, not to mention countless stories of people getting towed even from a white area (and being told it just had not been repainted yet.) Meanwhile, you will see hundreds of cars parked in yellow and red zones with seeming impunity. In other words, the rule seems to be you can park anywhere you want until someone arbitrarily decides you can't. My advice would be to find a pay lot for a couple bucks a day.

This appears to be the place so it looks like you will have plenty of parking on the side streets. Just avoid the red curbs and the sections marked No Estacionarse.

Our Southwest flights to Cozumel for Sept 19-26 were just canceled. Anyone know if that means the island will still be closed then? Where is the best place to go for updated info please?

I'm seeing the island is open ... maybe this is just a Southwest thing ...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom