Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice place. good location. great view. still in town. i didn't see a pool though. maybe with all that diving you won't want to be in a pool. haha my wife would never be able to stay here without an elevator. her knees don't like stairs very much anymore.

nice place. good location. still in town. i didn't see a pool though. maybe with all that diving you won't want to be in a pool. haha

Lol. Nah, I've never been much of a pool person. Nothing to see except for my pasty ass...lol.
"All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fiiiiine".
Besides, after 3-4 dives a day, the only other water I'll be touching will be in the shower. But, I will be there as a solo single guy, so being closer some of whatever nightlife may actually be available will be a nice perk as well.

solo in a 2 bed unit ? don't be surprised if you get a knock on your door from one of us here on the boards looking for a place to stay. haha

The owner of that apartment, Coline, is an excellent host and a very helpful person. My wife and I stayed there about three years ago. I had a stress fracture in my leg at the time (removable cast for diving) and I did not realize I was going to have to carry my 50 lb gear bag, near 50 lb suitcase, and two carry on bags up three flights of stairs. Coline, who is about 90 lbs herself, grabbed the dive bag and a carry on and double timed it up the stairs.

My wife and I stayed there about three years ago

how was this possible if you don't mind me asking ?

Rick, I must not have expressed myself well. We booked the apartment for a trip to Cozumel that we took about three years ago. (I just looked it up. It was in November of 2016).

The owner of that apartment is an excellent host and a very helpful person. My wife and I stayed there about three years ago. I had a stress fracture my leg at the time (removable cast for diving) and I did not realize I was going to have to carry my 50 lb gear bag, near 50 lb suitcase, and two carry on bags up three flights of stairs. Coline, who is about 90 lbs herself, grabbed the dive bag and a carry on and double timed it up the stairs.

Yeah, I read good things about both her and the rental unit in the reviews. Not as fancy as the other places I was looking at, but for $50/night, it's an absolute no brainer. The money I saved by switching pays for all my diving AND my car rental.

Yeah, I read good things about both her and the rental unit in the reviews. Not as fancy as the other places I was looking at, but for $50/night, it's an absolute no brainer. The money I saved by switching pays for all my diving AND my car rental.

Speaking of car rental, check with her about where to park. Third story no lift makes it even more important to find a dive op that can take care of your gear. Check out Tres Pelicanos. They handled all gear in the past including wetsuits. And it's in town so you could walk to their shop and back, from where they provide transpot to the marina. You might not even need a rental car though we've often rented one just to be able to roam the island. Another option is Scuba Shack. You'd need to drive to their location but they have lockers for your gear right by the water where you get on their boat.

Back
Top Bottom