Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This item caught my eye...

"Mexico will focus on local tourism to reactivate the industry and try to attract U.S. and Canadian tourists in the winter season, said Tourism Minister Miguel Torruco."
Yeah I did not like that part. Need to check with a friend on the island to see if he is allowed to get his boat out. If so I may head down.

I think I won a bet o reopening today.
dandy-bet.png

lol, if you're talking about the bet you made with me, you lost
Huh? I thought our bet was about opening today, which they didn't, as I said they wouldn't.

Huh? I thought our bet was about opening today, which they didn't, as I said they wouldn't.

Don wins. Sounds like some welshing going on here.

Don wins. Sounds like some welshing going on here.
Ok, I found the posts...
No prob. $20 to the Cozumel food bank says Coz people will be going back to work on June 1st.
I said that there would be a staggered return to work for Coz people starting June 1. If that's what you're talking about, sure, $20 to the Coz food bank (which is really the Rotary club).
So are the previously laid-off locals going back to work today?

Ok, I found the posts...

In technicality they could, some could - cleaning getting ready for the hopes of opening next week. Last night they changed us to orange allowing that cleaning, tonight they switched us back to red.

I think big foot up in the Colorado mountains has a better idea of what’s going on here than anyone living here.

I don't know from shinola myself, but a few days ago a friend forwarded a web-notice from Roberta's Scuba Shack, and she said restaurants were opening at 33% on June 1, and posted a photo and caption, "As you can see, the city is sprucing things up. I saw 3 different groups of workers on my way to work yesterday, and again today. They are going around and painting ...."
So, at least various "workers" are out working. :wink:

(I tried to copy and paste that web page, but no joy).

Ok, I found the posts...

WTF are you talking about? "Previously laid off locals"? Yeah, let's add some more language to the bet I never agreed on.

I clearly stated multiple times that I agreed with the government's announcement from April that there would be a staggered return to work on June 1st. It happened. End of story.

WTF are you talking about? "Previously laid off locals"? Yeah, let's add some more language to the bet I never agreed on.

I clearly stated multiple times that I agreed with the government's announcement from April that there would be a staggered return to work on June 1st. It happened. End of story.
Okee dokee. I quoted your two statements and simply asked for a ruling. I'll accept your interpretation and send another $20 to the food bank.

Back
Top Bottom