Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2020-6-1_11-0-19.png

looks like this is official as opposed to the leaked version yesterday. Was posted by moderator on another board and seems like it came from a government twitter site Looks like most of northern Q Roo is orange. Clearly have more cases there , but also more hospital beds so maybe that is why.

[Twitter]

View attachment 589353

looks like this is official as opposed to the leaked version yesterday. Was posted by moderator on another board and seems like it came from a government twitter site Looks like most of northern Q Roo is orange. Clearly have more cases there , but also more hospital beds so maybe that is why.

[Twitter]

I seen it on the official government thing last night about ten. The president of Mexico is in the area and did a news conference this morning in Cancun.

The really confusing thing is that chart, it’s not in effect today or this week - I think it’s effective on June 8th pending no problems. Alcohol sales are limited in Q Roo from 10-5 for the month of June, haven’t heard anything different about that. Our curfew from what we gather is still 6pm, still the stay at home jargon.....

It seems thIs week is clean and preparation week......

I seen it on the official government thing last night about ten. The president of Mexico is in the area and did a news conference this morning in Cancun.

The really confusing thing is that chart, it’s not in effect today or this week - I think it’s effective on June 8th pending no problems. Alcohol sales are limited in Q Roo from 10-5 for the month of June, haven’t heard anything different about that. Our curfew from what we gather is still 6pm, still the stay at home jargon.....

It seems thIs week is clean and preparation week......

Chuck if you see anything specific to the ports/aquatic activities from the port captain if you could please flag it. Can they actually open tourist activities with beaches closed to locals ? That may fall under marinas turisticas and actividades nauticas publicas and privadas—but how do you open beaches/oceans by percentage.

I imagine they will get on the same page for all this fairly soon since the beaches are so important to the hotels (In Cancun, PDC and Cozumel ).

Chuck if you see anything specific to the ports/aquatic activities from the port captain if you could please flag it. Can they actually open tourist activities with beaches closed to locals ? That may fall under marinas turisticas and actividades nauticas publicas and privadas—but how do you open beaches/oceans by percentage.

I imagine they will get on the same page for all this fairly soon since the beaches are so important to the hotels (In Cancun, PDC and Cozumel ).

It’s really quite confusing right now and that chart doubly adds to it. Rumors are no public beaches yet and parks not till the 15th - again just rumors. We are talking with a dive owner and their understanding is two people on a 6pax, we even joked around about how many park card / work permit carrying instructors can we say one student needs to get around the two people rule.

The private beaches opening would probably be controlled by the beach club or hotel but yea, I haven’t heard anything about the port opening.

No need to push anything, the island and us aren’t going anywhere - I just hope this works out well - I think today they are reporting the highest number of active covid cases in Q Roo since the start.....

Just have one boat tow another boat - captain and three pax in the front, dm and three pax in the back. Lol.

It’s really quite confusing right now and that chart doubly adds to it. Rumors are no public beaches yet and parks not till the 15th - again just rumors. We are talking with a dive owner and their understanding is two people on a 6pax, we even joked around about how many park card / work permit carrying instructors can we say one student needs to get around the two people rule.

The private beaches opening would probably be controlled by the beach club or hotel but yea, I haven’t heard anything about the port opening.

No need to push anything, the island and us aren’t going anywhere - I just hope this works out well - I think today they are reporting the highest number of active covid cases in Q Roo since the start.....
I will believe the date that things will start opening when it gets here and they actually do.

I think part of what may be going on is that they have been/are adding hospital beds to provide some slack hospital capacity in Cancun and Playa (not sure about Cozumel ). This buffer may be what they are relying on to re-open since I believe hospital capacity is a big driver of red/orange etc.

Saw an article about new hospital beds in press and also some video in one of the speeches but I wasn’t really paying close attention to every word of the speeches (and my Spanish isn’t that great ).

Thoughts from someone who is following government announcements more closely are welcome ....

I think I won a bet o reopening today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom