Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope the DOT smacks UA with a big fine.
It's easy to hate the airlines for the way they treat passengers these days, but they are in crisis mode too. Would you hate them more if they went bankrupt?

At least with my points booking I can cancel online for redeposit
Hopefully, with the redeposit fees waived.

Question for dive operators

—Table on Facebook (Cozumel4you Public ) shows Dive operations at 30 percent during red phase and 40 percent during orange. Any word on port opening up from federal authorities ? Even during normal times i think the port captain and related water regulation flow through federal regulations, not state. Hopefully the feds would open up with the states , but you can never assume when it comes to bureaucrats regardless of country

I would cut and paste but it is tricky since I don’t have a Facebook account

Obvious question is how you do 30 percent on a six pack boat , but I doubt authorities thought of that yet (and how does crew count in that math )

Question for dive operators

—Table on Facebook (Cozumel4you Public ) shows Dive operations at 30 percent during red phase and 40 percent during orange. Any word on port opening up from federal authorities ? Even during normal times i think the port captain and related water regulation flow through federal regulations, not state. Hopefully the feds would open up with the states , but you can never assume when it comes to bureaucrats regardless of country

I would cut and paste but it is tricky since I don’t have a Facebook account

Obvious question is how you do 30 percent on a six pack boat , but I doubt authorities thought of that yet (and how does crew count in that math )

Is this what you are talking about? Cause it confuses the chit outa me also. Speaking last night with someone that speaks fluent spanish that listened to last nights speech, it seems like we are still red on Monday and they think we could change to orange maybe the 8th or later depending on the R value that is published nowhere. This chart basically says at red we can be diving but some charts from the Feds say red is essential stuff only..... Have another drink I guess.

101646279_10157629256529412_5785686848860848128_n.jpg

EDIT: THE ABOVE TABLE WAS REMOVED FROM FACEBOOK AS NOT BEING OFFICIAL

That’s the table Dandy Don—thank you.

I am sure you can follow the Spanish , but for others—Buceo (diving) starts out at 30 percent during roja/red (now) and goes to 40 percent during naranja/orange (Evidently they hoping for that a week from now according to various reports ) To me, seems kind of hard to project colors more than a few days out

To kind of answer your question, I think someone said they will start calling tourism an essential activity , so I guess that means they can start up at the activity levels in the table.

Obviously everything is subject to change I am sure

So 6 or 8 pax boats can have max 2 divers?

Dive ops will be in the RED when its red or orange. Does not pay for gas, DM, Capitan, air...

Dive ops will be in the RED when its red or orange. Does not pay for gas, DM, Capitan, air...

Unless they charge twice as much, or more.

A typical Coz fast boat scenario is a DM (or 2), the boat Captain, and 6 divers. How would this work if there is a 40% limit? Is it for total boat occupancy?
I do not see this working out from a profit point of view by the Dive Op. Perhaps the small charter Dive Ops will be in more demand.

Posted by Salty Endeavors on FB...

“SAVE THE DATE:

June 8 we will be open for business and scuba diving in Cozumel!!!

Please note this is not “official” until it’s announcement on June 1. But I’m confident enough in this information to get it to you a day early. Restrictions will be implemented, which should accompany the announcement tomorrow.

It’ll be nearly 3 months since Cozumel waters have seen divers. I can’t wait to be out there on the first boats heading out to see what they look like. Want to join me?!”

That’s the table Dandy Don—thank you.

I am sure you can follow the Spanish , but for others—Buceo (diving) starts out at 30 percent during roja/red (now) and goes to 40 percent during naranja/orange (Evidently they hoping for that a week from now according to various reports ) To me, seems kind of hard to project colors more than a few days out

To kind of answer your question, I think someone said they will start calling tourism an essential activity , so I guess that means they can start up at the activity levels in the table.

Obviously everything is subject to change I am sure

The lady that posted that table just removed or edited it on Facebook as not being official. Everyone wants to open, these folks need to work but I bet falling backwards will hurt this place a ton more then staying shut a week or two longer.

If it isn't on the governor or mayors page, it is hearsay.

Yes, 6pax dive boats running with two paying guests isn't real good, I can't even go dive with my faimily if that was the case. It's all hearsay until it happens or it comes from officials

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom