Can Apeks ATX 200 second stage parts be moved and swapped to other ATX bodies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walkonmars

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if ATX 200 second stage parts can be moved and swapped to other ATX bodies?
(Or XTX bodies?)
I purchased a used ATX 200 for a super price and manged to get everything working but not confident about the second stage integrity. The former owner(s) attempted to over-torque the cracking adjustment knob on the second stage and spun the flats of the valve spindle damaging the flats of the plastic body. I needed to put two component epoxy (EC2216) to shore up the flats during assembly to prevent the spindle from rotating when the cracking pressure adjustment knob is turned. It works but I only use the set-up as a backup. I would like to start using the setup with a stage bottle and have the cracking pressure adjustment available. I only have the cracking pressure adjustment available on another Hollis DC3-212 setup.
I have Aqualung Legends also but no cracking pressure adjust. I like the feature a lot because I like to tune my seconds so that they occasionally dribble some bubbles when inverted or in heavy current but can stop the "dribble" if I need to. I'm hoping to find a beat up ATX second stage and swap parts into it and get the features I want.

The "flats of the plastic body" is the weakest design of the reg.
I am pretty sure all the barrels used on TX and ATX are the same because I use and service them personally. I won't be at all surprised that it fits into XTX body as well but I never had a chance to try it.
You can buy any beat up ATX/TX/T 20 or 40 and put the adjusting screw into it as long as the body integrity is sound.

Great. I'll be looking for beat up ATX seconds.
Thanks
-T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom