Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my stuff...

G4 PowerMac on which I'm writing this.
G4 iBook for mobility.
G4 iMac (the lamp) on which my girlfriend surfs, and sometimes reads these boards...
G3 PowerMac which I never use anymore, but plan to make a server out of it.

We're new to diving, so I haven't bought yet any diving computer stuff, but I'll sure be guided by the ability to use the software on my Macs! And I don't mean through VirtualPC emulation, because as someone put it very correctly: "If I wanted to use PC, I wouldn't have bought aMac!"

mislav:
I haven't bought yet any diving computer stuff, but I'll sure be guided by the ability to use the software on my Macs! And I don't mean through VirtualPC emulation, because as someone put it very correctly: "If I wanted to use PC, I wouldn't have bought aMac!"
Well I think that in the upcoming few years things will become easier in terms of emulation: our new Macs will run on Intel, so we may be able to run VirtualPC without a speed hit. Having said that, so far I haven't found anything on Windows that I'd like to run. Perhaps dive software will be the first: looks as though no dive computers support Mac.

Eridium, go here---

www.frobese.de/JTrak/en/jtrak.html

"jTrak Divelog Software for MAC OS X"

"jTRAK is an all new version of the popular Smart Trak Software for MAC OS X."

"For the first time all you Macintosh users out there will be able to download your dives from your Aladin computers to store, edit, record and print your dive logs and profiles. The software is only for MAC OS X and is only compatible with Aladin Smart Pro, Smart Com, and Smart Tec computers which transfer data via Infrared. A version for Aladin Prime and Tec will be available at a later date."

"Users will need an active Infrared port on their Mac, either built in or as a USB external accessory."

padiscubapro:
not that amazing.. The cochran DDRs do 450Hrs at 1 sec sampling thats over 2 times the available data.. ANalyst isn't mac compatible though..
Two important tidbits you may not be aware of:

-The Cochran can ONLY record with a 1 second interval. It's not programmable.
-The Cochran comes in various capacities, from 60 to 480 hours ranging from $145 to $270. The cost per hour of storage is roughly 2-3 times that of our recorders.

Kris Wilk
ReefNet Inc.

reefnet:
Two important tidbits you may not be aware of:

-The Cochran can ONLY record with a 1 second interval. It's not programmable.
-The Cochran comes in various capacities, from 60 to 480 hours ranging from $145 to $270. The cost per hour of storage is roughly 2-3 times that of our recorders.

Kris Wilk
ReefNet Inc.

Actually thats not entirely true, The sample rates available depend on the version of analyst you have AND the version of the DDR..

The DDRs (and all their DC) also have a built in "flight recorder" although not accesible to the user it does record all altitude changes.. This data is acessible by DAN..

The DDRs for cochran were initially designed for research and commercial operations and are considerably overdesigned for the recreational market.. Releasing it to the recreational diver is just "gravy" for them..

maractwin:
To those who have been asking for Suunto D9 support in DiveLog, it will be happening soon. I received a D9 for Christmas! It should really speed up the development not to have to arrange to borrow one when I want to try something. Now I just have to get it wet to have any data to download...

-Mark

Hey Mark,

Happy New Year! How's the D9 programing coming along? Remember, if you need a beta tester, I'm there for ya... I've got 4 dives in my D9's History.

-Alfeo

CineDiver:
How's the D9 programing coming along?

I'm making progress. I can succesfully handshake with the D9 and transfer memory blocks. I can decode the dive computer model name, software version, serial number, diver name, total number of dives and maximum depth. I know how to decode about 3/4 of the info about a dive, but still haven't figured out where in memory to find each dive. Nor have I figured out the actual profile info (time/depth/temp/air samples). It's like this really complex puzzle to study traces of the PC program talking to a D9 and figure out what it was doing. All of those soduku puzzles are good practice...

-Mark

PowerBook G4 17" OS 10.4.3
iBook G4 14" OS 10.4.3
ipod mini 6GB
SUUNTO D9

CineDiver:
Please List How many Macs you own (I've got 3 and #4 coming soon)...

duh....

PowerMac G4 867MHz Tower AKA "Quick Silver"... my first love :10:
TiBook 1Ghz... my first affair :14:
12" PowerBook 800MHz... to keep the jealous wife happy :wink:
Quad G5 2.5GHz... when I want to instigate my divorce :D

I'm going to compile all links with a quick note about them and ask to make into a sticky by the admins. If there are any other apps or utilities that have been over looked, please post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom