Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Powerbook G4 and Intel based iMac, both running OS X Leopard. I don't own a dive computer yet, but rest assured, I would definitely need Mac compatible software as I dont own any PC's and, as previously stated, Virtual PC sucks. Bootcamp might be a good alternative, but unfortunately as my laptop is not an Intel, that wont work.

just came over this thread. I'm another frustrated Mac user who selected his first diving computer based largely on Mac compatability.
We have 3 Macs at home (PC-free zone) and more at work, and just bought 2 Suunto Vypers
As of Dec 12, Suunto replied to the usual plea for mac suport with:
"Suunto has not announced any plans to develop Mac software at this time." Oh well.
Hope they can at least support development of nice tools like Divelog.

cheers
Fraser

Totally agree, and it's only Divelog that will sell Suuntos to Mac users. It's annoying, and I decided that it's not worth it. I'd rather support Divelog and encourage them to develop for the other computers.

Here's a thought... Suunto, why don't you buy DiveLog?

Hey Mark, how 'bout a version for my iPhone?

If Suunto bought DiveLog, all that would happen is that it would stop being developed at the current version. As a long-time Mac user (since 1986)...four MacBooks in our family currently, this has been a constant source of frustration. If DiveLog was given some financial support, maybe they would have the resources to develop for the other computer manufacturers, or at least some manufacturers could float a little $$$ their way to create a plug-in module that would support their computers. It would be a lot cheaper than hiring extra development staff.

Does DiveLog have support for the Vyper2 yet? ...

Ive got an ibook G4 running OS X.

My dive computer is A Delta VR3.

I would love to be able to run the prolog software or equivilent(SP?) as the VR3 is an awesome bit of kit.

going to have to keep an eye on this switching to Mac very soon.

How about the wisdom 2 computers. I love my wisdom but their program is only for a pc. I do have a desktop pc but I much rather use my mac powerbook for all dive stuff as it goes with me everywhere.

I use a Uwatec dive computer and run SmartTrak in a Windows XP partition on my MacBook Pro under Bootcamp. It runs OK and, as I only access it once a week, it is not much hassle to restart under Windows. But I lose 5Gb of disk space to Windows.

As SmartTrak is the only Windows application that I use, I wish that Uwatec would develop a full Mac version. To date, they claim that "Jtrak" is their OS X solution but it is a very poor quality application with lots of missing functionality.

As the relative market share of OS X grows, especially among the diving demographic, one day I am sure that these vendors will wake up and see the light.

Regards
Peter

Back
Top Bottom