Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mislav:
Kris, can we perhaps hope for a true dive computer with these specs from Reefnet? There's a big market for it... :wink:

The problem with selling dive computers is the enormous liability issue...as soon as you are providing feedback during a dive, you are providing life support. That means investing in very, very (very!) expensive liability insurance, and all sorts of other legal ramifications.

Basically a complete nightmare.

Kris

--
Kris Wilk
ReefNet Inc.
www.reefnet.ca

Perhaps a "limited edition" dive computer then, Kris? Sold only to those who sign waiver forms? :D

mislav:
Perhaps a "limited edition" dive computer then, Kris? Sold only to those who sign waiver forms? :D
Liability forms provide minimal legal coverage if they claim you were negligent in making the poduct. In most cases if they can convince a judge that there was any neglagence the liability waver is thrown out as an illegal contract.

I recall one I have to sign once to dive in a competion it atempted to claim that you were signing away the right to litigate for neglagence active or passive. Now, I'm not sure what amounts to active neglagence, but in that case ( I'm told by my law school friends) the contract would be thrown out as it "permits" illegal acts by the dive operator.

To get back on topic: I'm now using a new 17" Macbook Pro :)
2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
100GB HD

Also a Mac user: I have an iBook (4 or 5 years old) and an iMac (less than one year old). These are both home computers. I also have 4 Macs at work. Would be nice to have access to some of the divelog data at work ... hahah in my free time I could review.

Another Mac user, since the very first Mac until now.

Also a long-term ScubaPro / Uwatec user.

Hopefully ScubaPro are reading this thread and re-evaluating their approach to Mac integration.

In the meantime, I use AquaDiveLog (ADL) on my Palm (Treo 680) to upload and store my diving data. I have the last 400 dives in the Palm (which is backed up to my Mac). I am hopeful that this data can be converted across to a dive log application on Mac when ScubaPro finally release a decent version of SmartTrak on the Mac OS X platform.

Regards
Peter

I've finally gotten hold of the original - Uwatec IrDa USB adapter and at last it works!

I've tested it on an Intel MacBook and PowerMac G4 and also iMac G4 and it works on all of them. JTrak is no match for SmarTrak, but it does transfer profiles...

I haven't had much luck with Suunto DiveManager though. Something about that serial-to-USB port adapter just isn't in tune with my Macs.

I want my Suunto Cobra and Mac to play nice together. I want to download my dives. Come on Suunto let's get going and think about the Mac users of the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom