Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd just like to announce that I've released version 1.2 of DiveLog for the mac. New features since version 1.1 include support for the Suunto D9/D6/D3 computers, it's now a universal binary, greatly improved profile display which will graph temperature & surface air consumption rate and show nitrogen loading, now localized in German and Spanish as well as French, and numerous other improvements and bug fixes.

More information and a 30 day free trial at www.macdivelog.com.

-Mark

Dude! You have got to free up some of that D9 memory layout you're sitting on.

Hello! This is my first post in a long time!! My question is this. Does anybody know or have any Dive Log Templates for Microsoft Office for Mac or for iWork? I am interested in just creating my own for (PADI) format and use a small 6 ring binder to keep track of my diving. Any ideals will help. Thanks!
I now this is a little of topic with the download problems with dive computers but this is the thread that all the mac users are reading. I don't have a dive computer yet but I am learning alot about them and the Mac computers thanks for the info.

My solution was to order a Sensus Ultra data recorder. At $175 complete(including reader and serial/USB adapter) it's cheaper than paying for Windoze and Virtual PC(which would feel just wrong anyway).

Scubagolf:
You can do it now, but only on a new Intel-based Mac.....

I'm sorry that many people are mislead to the true capacity of BootCamp, which is available as a public Beta. This is only to allow one to partition your hard drive and install a version of Windows XP onto the second partition.

Unless I missed the part somewhere, this will not allow you to run Windoz & OS X at the same time such as Virtual PC. Meaning you will have to restart your computer every time you want to switch between Windoz & Mac OS

I did find another really hot app named Corail, which is also Universal OS (Intel).

JimmyP:
Does anybody know or have any Dive Log Templates for Microsoft Office for Mac or for iWork? ...

I don't have a dive computer yet but I am learning alot about them and the Mac computers thanks for the info.

JimmyP, will Appleworks work along with iWork... if so, there is an Appleworks Template

Good Luck!

:crush:
CineDiver:
Hello my fellow 'scubians'

I am wanting to create an awareness for manufactures, which will let them know that the Mac Users are here and wanting support, just as the Windoz guys. Without this info, developers such as Mark Rosenstein with DiveLog http://www.macdivelog.com, are not getting support from companies such as Suunto.

Now I just dropped one hell of a chunk of change down on a new D9 from DiveTank.com and this would be my second Suunto. I've worn an X-Lander everyday as my primary watch for years. My thing is this... if companies such as Suunto are not going to program for Mac or even planning to release the software down the road, why wouldn't you give programmers such as Mark the info they need to release Apps for the Mac.

I challenge Suunto or any other Manufacture to give a logical response to this problem! I always find that friendly competition only means better results in all ways from Application to Support.

Virtual PC is NOT the answer!!!! Its clunky and XP sucks! (to be so frank)

Case example for GPS road & street navigation: "Route 66" really really sucks... but its the only game intown (or atleast when I was forced to buy it!)

Please List How many Macs you own (I've got 3 and #4 coming soon) and what you would like to have supported. We can then start to refer to this tread for awareness. Also list any equipment manufactures that do support Mac OSX users (OS9 is same boat as VPC). If companies don't support Mac Users, why should we support them?

P.S. If you have any great Mac & Scuba links please post also!!!

'Mac'ingly yours

-CineDiver, churning the waters
M8 i here you and i have had the same stuff given to me like "sorry but if we make the software " i am still looking to buy a VR3 and i called the makers and thay said that thay would look into it but that was 9 mounth ago may as will be 10 years ago :mad: .
i may as well keep doing this.:banghead:
are well untill thay do bring out a vr3 and a stinger that is mac compatable then i will just carry on as i am good luck with youe quest.....

15" PowerBook G4 (al 1.25) (mine)
12" iBook G4 (1.33ghz) (wife's)
20" iMac G5 (1.8ghz) (ours)

I dive a UWATEC SmarTEC, and Mac support was definitely part of my decision in choosing a computer. (Ok, so was the Palm support so I could beam to my Treo)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom