Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in more OT news about Apple...

Apple anounced today that they are bumping up the speeds of the MacbookPro laptops, the 1.67 will go to 1.83 and the 1.83 will go to 2.0 for no additional cost and all previous orders will be bumped up also. They should begin shipping this week and next week.

Still good to be a mac user right now.

I know not many people use the Dive Rite software but I have always wanted to find a way to sync my nitek 3 with my mac. Any suggestions?

Yup, it is pretty lame that there is no Mac dive computer support.

I have 3 macs. I use DiveBook for my logbook, but have to add the profile info manually if I want it. Dont see why manufacturers dont provide the protocols. Would be great to have a fantastic piece of software with a plugin architecture for the actual dive computer. I use a Genesis ReACT Pro & my brother (also a Mac user) uses a Sherwood Wisdom.

Willie

most manufacturers have an issue with the liability. If you start allowing people to write code to communicate with a computer, they may mess it up.

iMac G5, iMac G3, 8500, Quadra, SE II. We still have all but the Quadra, and the SE sits on a shelf. We've had it so long it would be hard to get rid of.

I hven't read all 90-some posts, so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned:
Uwatec offers Jtrak software that is compatible with most of their current computers. You can read about it at :
http://us.uwatec.com/software/software_jtrak.asp

I downloaded Version 1.1.3, and am using it as a computerized logbook. It requires OS X ver 10.2+, PPC G3 350 MHz, and 256 MB ram. I would like to hear the opinions and comparisons of those who have tried other software.

I had been considering the Smart Z Wrist based largely on the display, if anyone has any experience with this computer, please sing out. Supporting Mac also helps.

I have been using Apple products since the days of my Apple +.
I now have an Intel iMac, a G4 iMac, a G4 500DP, a 1.5 Ghz Powerbook, and an old G3 Grape iMac.

I use Virtual PC although it SUCKS on my Powerbook with my Cobra, and have been beta tesing Mac DIvelog for some time. now that DIvelog 1.2 is final, I plan on purchasing.

CineDiver:
Hello my fellow 'scubians'

I am wanting to create an awareness for manufactures, which will let them know that the Mac Users are here and wanting support, just as the Windoz guys. Without this info, developers such as Mark Rosenstein with DiveLog http://www.macdivelog.com, are not getting support from companies such as Suunto.

Now I just dropped one hell of a chunk of change down on a new D9 from DiveTank.com and this would be my second Suunto. I've worn an X-Lander everyday as my primary watch for years. My thing is this... if companies such as Suunto are not going to program for Mac or even planning to release the software down the road, why wouldn't you give programmers such as Mark the info they need to release Apps for the Mac.

I challenge Suunto or any other Manufacture to give a logical response to this problem! I always find that friendly competition only means better results in all ways from Application to Support.

Virtual PC is NOT the answer!!!! Its clunky and XP sucks! (to be so frank)

Case example for GPS road & street navigation: "Route 66" really really sucks... but its the only game intown (or atleast when I was forced to buy it!)

Please List How many Macs you own (I've got 3 and #4 coming soon) and what you would like to have supported. We can then start to refer to this tread for awareness. Also list any equipment manufactures that do support Mac OSX users (OS9 is same boat as VPC). If companies don't support Mac Users, why should we support them?

P.S. If you have any great Mac & Scuba links please post also!!!

'Mac'ingly yours

-CineDiver, churning the waters
I have a Mac Mini OSX 10.4.6. I have A SUUNTO STINGER and would love to be able to hook it up to my computer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom