C-Card Traditions --> what are yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering what you guys had to "go through" when you got your plastic C-Card? Diving is a social recreation (it's not a "sport" my instructor used to say, so relax)... and divers always find some reason or another to get together.

Distributing plastic c-cards is one reason (excuse) to have some sort of tradition...

In my dive "school" you had to get your c-card from a large container of beer with your mouth (ranging from a 2-bottle big glass to a pitcher... depending what's available)... if you fail to get it or have to stop drinking the container was filled again until it's consumed "Straight" and the card has been retrieved...

needless to say this is a very boistrous affair with a lot of encouragement especially from more senior divers...

Jag

i did the same thing my card was in a tall mug of bear, easily a bottle in it, had to down it to get my card. the time i got my advanced i actually did the same but instead of beer i used johnnie walker scotch, now that was a wickd mix:)

Why would a dive instructor encourage drinking? What if the new divers is a recovering alcoholic? Sounds like a sick system.

My Instructor just handed it over to me one night of drinking with some divemasters at Boozestop. Good thing, they didn't make me do the Beer Bong just to get it. . . daym, ill never do that bong again.

Ripped open the envelope from the mailbox and got a nice paper cut in the process!

It was brutal! :D

I went into the shop and was told to go look at the back page of my student folder. I opened the drawer, found my folder then removed the card that was taped there. I then put it in my wallet. I've done this ritual about 4 times now.

Joe

MtnDiver:
Ripped open the envelope from the mailbox and got a nice paper cut in the process!

It was brutal! :D

You too! I thought I was special :(

our instructor delivered our group's c-card to us and i distributed them to my classmates (with squeals and jumps from some... sige na nga, ako lang) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom