Buying Online V. Buying at a Local Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok the horse is dead, leave it be.... same boring arguments, the net is here to stay some will buy from the net others will stick to the LDS'. Personally, I really don't care. Let's talk about something significant.

novicediver:
Ok the horse is dead, leave it be.... same boring arguments, the net is here to stay some will buy from the net others will stick to the LDS'. Personally, I really don't care. Let's talk about something significant.

Agreed! Do a search, or let it die. This thread has been visited AD NAUSEUM!

But what if my LDS (by distance) IS LeisurePro? (And it is...) Is it the same sort of scuba-karma hit if I order from ScubaToys rather than them?

--fsik
Pain in the arse since 1974

Leadking:
Tanks DO NOT have to have valves removed as long as the pressure is less than 40 psi.

I honestly did not know that.....Thank you :D

I have a great idea....those of you who do not want to add to the convo, and just want to keep chanting, "the thread is dead, the subject is old" all day long.... Move on, why waste your time in here? If it doesn't interest you, don't post!

Sorry to seem harsh, but I guess I just don't understand your logic...let those who want to discuss the same old boring topics discuss it....others, keep on walkin...:wink:

Always interesting to see that most of the "support your LDS & where will you get gas when the LDS is gone" folks have a financial interest in one or more LDSs. And many of them are buying their gear from their LDS at Leisurepro prices and reaping ohter benefits of and LDS employee. You can easily understand why they want that LDS to prosper and encourage you to patronize them.

Divmstr223:
Tanks are supposed to be mailed with the valves off.....I ordered the PST 80 not too long ago and received it with the valve on and air inside.....I don't know how much, but I knew they were not suppose to ship it that way.....

No matter though...it showed up in great condition and I love it !! :D

Roflmao... notice he said that some Internet shops were sending out tanks filled to 14.7 PSI.

That's atmospheric pressure. Just about every tank has at LEAST 14.7 PSI in it, even the ones with the valves off!

-Brandon.

fairbanksdiver:
Roflmao... notice he said that some Internet shops were sending out tanks filled to 14.7 PSI.

That's atmospheric pressure. Just about every tank has at LEAST 14.7 PSI in it, even the ones with the valves off!

-Brandon.

Good one...totally missed that....:D :D

I firmly believe in supporting my LDS, however the BC I'm looking at (Oceanic Chute 3) is $599 (way above MSRP) at the LDS, and $299. on the internet. The LDS is entitled to make a profit, but that is crazy.

love2fishfork:
I firmly believe in supporting my LDS, however the BC I'm looking at (Oceanic Chute 3) is $599 (way above MSRP) at the LDS, and $299. on the internet. The LDS is entitled to make a profit, but that is crazy.

I agree, there comes a point where you are gonna want to save a few hundred dollars buy purchasing on-line, rather than buying it at your LDS for top dollar. After all you work hard for your money.

Back
Top Bottom