Buying Online V. Buying at a Local Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oly5050user:
leisure pro is NOT a LDS..they do not have a compressor aqnd do not offer training..that is why the manufacturers warrenties do not apply to anything they sell..

They also now have a scuba instructor on staff. Nice guy. Not that I am being picky. Just pointing out.:wink:

TheRedHead:
Diving with the shop cronies - what's the advantage?

I can only speak to my LDSs but the advantages are many...

- they are great, and I mean REALLY GREAT divers
- they care about helping me become a better diver
- they are genuinely nice folks
- the gear in their Suburbans and Pick-Up trucks comprise the worlds greatest "Save-A-Dive" kit

:)

The Kraken:
I will encourage you to make sure that your statement is 100% correct when making such a broad statement.

Leisure-Pro is an authorized distributor for some of the products that it sells.

That is why I highlighted the word "anything".

Also, I didn't know one of the requirements of being an "LDS" was having a compressor!

Could you possibly give us the universal requirements for being a local dive shop?

the K
one of the requirements that was there when I owned a lds was that there was to be a compressor on site with the service available to the public for sale..training was to be offered also through any of the recognized agencies.

oly5050user:
one of the requirements that was there when I owned a lds was that there was to be a compressor on site with the service available to the public for sale..training was to be offered also through any of the recognized agencies.

I think you missed my point.

What entity, organization or person establishes the criteria for a scuba diving business to meet the standards to be considered an "LDS"? Or is the definition left up to personal criteria?

the K

The Kraken:
I will encourage you to make sure that your statement is 100% correct when making such a broad statement.

Leisure-Pro is an authorized distributor for some of the products that it sells.

That is why I highlighted the word "anything".

Also, I didn't know one of the requirements of being an "LDS" was having a compressor!

Could you possibly give us the universal requirements for being a local dive shop?

the K

They also have a compressor and teach students....

Back
Top Bottom