Brokenbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PS--- my sons have camped there and I have hung out many times in the camping area---like Luke says,,real nice setting with rock cliffs and big pine trees,,,facilites are nice.

texdiveguy:
... Beavers Bend State Park cabins just 10 minutes away. The State Park is very nice place,,,,nice cabins, river
FIXXERVI6:
sounds like home! I'm from the mountains of WV
I scheduled a night in the tent there last summer on a trip back from Kentucky. As a kid we went several times to Beavers Bend and I had very fond memories of it. I remembered the mountains and the crystal clear water in the swimming hole. I was used to swimming in stock tanks. Really enjoyed the night and the beautiful park. I was amused to note on my GPS that the 'mountains' are not very high, just higher than the surrounding terrain. Not like Virginia, but still very pretty.

Willie

http://www.beaversbend.com/

The cabins at the State Park went totally non-smoking last year. And they have FIRE PLACES in the cabins. Cough, cough...we need to get rid of those stinky fire places. All those carsinogens going on!

For any smokers, here's a friendly operator. Call and talk to Bonnie.

http://www.pinetreecabin.com/

The only "real" mountain in Ok. is in Poteau (Sugar Loaf). It makes the qualification...Just barely.

Or is that the World's Tallest Hill? (Cavenal) :D

Sorry for the excessive info., but grew up in Ok.

Camping costs are free to low price and cabins are reasonable to $$$$

Foo & Don and Laura and I made a good Labor Day dive vacation once and got a " way cool" 2 story cabin with it's own little pond and hot tub in the woods near the lake
for a few days. There was not much rough about that weekend :D
You can get cabins at Beavers Bend that are cool and don't cost a load.
You can camp all over the place around the lake. The lake is about 30 miles long. Most of the good diving is on the Southern side near the spillway and the dam or near the Marina. If you have a boat you can camp anywhere you want on the lake :14:

There are also Motels in the town of Broken Bow too.

I've wanted to pack up the Sea-Doo and go to one of the islands some night.

I live in Paris and thats 90 mile from Broken Bow so I make day trips.
Sealskin98 and I made a few trips last Summer.

From DFW You could make a day trip of it but I wouldn't. I'd plan to make it at least a two day thing.

I called Broken Bow Scuba... no nitrox.. now I just need to decide if I'm going to do a couple of dives on my O2 clean doubles and then go to my gunked up singles for the rest of my dives or go ahead and let my doubles get all gunked up and then all my future fills at SI Scuba. Decisions, decisions.

How many dives are you planning on doing?

Use your gunked up singles, save your cleaned ones.

Or rent a couple of tanks.

This is supposed to be a fun trip, right?

Well, oddly enough Broken Bow Scuba just called me (got my number off the caller ID I guess). It appears the owner's wife gave me the wrong information before and they do indeed have nitrox.

How many dives? Depends on how long I'm staying, anywhere between 3 and 5. I can get two long deep dives off of my 104's. I've got my 98 and an 80 but I really hate diving single tanks.. don't have enough regs to have one dedicated for single tanks so I'd have to move all my hoses around. Maybe one day I'll put an H on my 98 just so I don't have to mess with the hoses.

loosebits:
don't have enough regs to have one dedicated for single tanks so I'd have to move all my hoses around. Maybe one day I'll put an H on my 98 just so I don't have to mess with the hoses.

You can never have too many toys! :D :D :D

I thought I saw a nitrox tank sitting in the shop one time, glad to hear they have it.

loosebits:
I called Broken Bow Scuba... no nitrox.. now I just need to decide if I'm going to do a couple of dives on my O2 clean doubles and then go to my gunked up singles for the rest of my dives or go ahead and let my doubles get all gunked up and then all my future fills at SI Scuba. Decisions, decisions.

Let me help you with that one.......PICK ME!!!!! PICK ME!!!! :cheering:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom