Brokenbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also I've seen talk on number of nights staying and such, most likely I will be camping fri and sat night

I have some ideas...

I was planning to come on up and camp Friday night and maybe even do a shore dive in the late afternoon or evening if the weather and that stray monkey wrench stay put. I'll dive Saturday too. after that who knows...

I'm going stop by Broken Bow Scuba and get a few extra tanks of air on the way up.

Sticky**
There are lots of places to camp and so far we don't really have a meeting spot.

If you have a set plan go with it but if not look for dive flags :wink:
I'll drive the road along Stevens Gap and look for Dive flags. Put yours up near the road I'll have mine Up near the road too. I'll be in a white '05 Toyota 4x4 pickup.

Also ... if anybody wants to we could meet up at the end of the Stevens Gap Peninsula around sunset. We can all clap as the Sun goes down and BS :14:

No doubt there are different dive profiles being planned and the prospect of having some trick new adventures is cool.

FIXXERVI6:
looks like the wall/deep section is the opposite side of stevens gap area

Yep... 'got that right.
It isn't too far of a drive to the Spillway and such from Steven Gap. It just isn't a straight line without a boat or watercraft. I have a 3 person Sea-Doo GTI and it's Ok for 1 or 2 folks with AL80's in the Summer. Dude with your gear you could almost sink that thing by yourself :D No not really just kidding ... but it's too much work and it's faster just to drive and take the trail down to the water.

Stevens Gap is a bit more user friendly I suppose as far as camping goes.
It's close to the Marina.
Hey ...We could even go over in force and invade the Lodge !!
Now that would be a story ! ( Frog Men Terrorize Hotel Guests~ Story at 10 )
I guess you could camp over there on the Wall side. I'm sure it's been done.
I just never have seen anybody do it in a large scale way.

( Yet :D )

We can check into it.

Steven's Gap sounds good, we'll try to camp there... Rick will have a grey 2500 quad cab and I'll be in a red Mazda 6. We'll throw a dive flag out. How far a walk is this trail? Let me rephrase, how far a walk is this trail with double 104's on?

loosebits:
Steven's Gap sounds good, we'll try to camp there... Rick will have a grey 2500 quad cab and I'll be in a red Mazda 6. We'll throw a dive flag out. How far a walk is this trail? Let me rephrase, how far a walk is this trail with double 104's on?

It's not really long at all. A bit steep in short spots.
We'll get together and I'll show you the little trail. Your a young guy and something tells me that you can pull it off with total grace. If not I'll try and help :wink:

(I'm just so darned sarcastic arn't I ? :D )

This should be a fun week end !

( Breaking News... Texans Invade Oklahoma .... story at 11 ...)

Well I might be back on for this weekend as Debra was nice enough to offer to reschudle my Nitrox class. Let me figure some things out and I will post if I am up for it or not. I see we are sort of meeting and camping at Stevens Gap??? I might be up for an overnight stay.

wet-willie:
Hi,

It is a long shot for me. I could only come if my daughter agreed to let me bring my grandson(s). One is 5, the other 2.5. If I bring a travel trailer then my wife would also come. Just curious what age children might also be there.

Sounds like a lot of fun in a beautiful area.

Willie

I'm bringing a 7 and 9 YO and I know another dude that doesn't post on here that has a mini as well

loosebits:

its graphite dude, graphite

I do not have a dive flag but will either be in a blue ford taurus or a white chevy 2500 with slide in camper. It looks like I will probally be able to make the trip but I still got some details to work out.

Back
Top Bottom