Brokenbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pull up a map of Broken Bow, OK. ~ Beavers Bend,~ Lake Broken Bow ect.....

Stevens Gap Area is about 10 miles or so North of the town of Broken Bow , OK.
It is a little ways after the Beavers Bend State Park entrance.

Take a right at the Stevens Gap Road and follow it for I guess 4 miles + or - a bit and you'll come to a stop sign and the road will "" T "" Go left towards the boat ramp. About 1/4 down the road there is a parking area and a boat ramp. Just before you get there you'll see a small road to the right. Take that road and wind your way to the "dip". I promise you'll know it when you see it.
It's a dip in the peninsula with the lake on both sides. Just past that the road dead end at the end of Stevens Gap. Basically you can camp anywhere along the road you want. Usually folks don't camp right at the dip just close by.
The people who patrol the lake come around in the evening and collect a camping fee. I don't know how much but it can't be alot cause it's Oklahoma.

There are other spots to camp as well near by

Well I just finished up my "Honey do's" so I should be able to head out that way. Hey the campsite near the dip does it have RV hookups? If I goet my slide in camper back from the dealer in time I might just bring that up. This way Foo (or any of us)can have a place to warm up in between dives.

This looks like a nice little get-together, just a little far for me to drive.

Frank, my dacor second stage is still in pieces; haven’t put it back together and adjusted the cracking pressure yet.

But I got my tusa one back from on loan to the son-in-law!!!

I may bring my stuff and decide if to dive or not.

What does everyone want for the grill?

Looks like I am out for this up coming weekend as I was just reminded that I am doing my classroom session for my Nitrox class on Saturday the 8th. Sorry guys looks like I will have to miss this one, unless someone is staying till sunday then I might be up for an overnight camp out and dive on Sunday.

Hi,

It is a long shot for me. I could only come if my daughter agreed to let me bring my grandson(s). One is 5, the other 2.5. If I bring a travel trailer then my wife would also come. Just curious what age children might also be there.

Sounds like a lot of fun in a beautiful area.

Willie

sealskin98:
This looks like a nice little get-together, just a little far for me to drive.

Frank, my dacor second stage is still in pieces; haven’t put it back together and adjusted the cracking pressure yet.

But I got my tusa one back from on loan to the son-in-law!!!

I may bring my stuff and decide if to dive or not.

What does everyone want for the grill?

Yea Mike ... 75 miles is a real back breaker of a road trip for you I feel bad you might have to suffer so much.
Think of the Karma dude ... Karma !!! :D

And hey Mike, the good thing is that the water is still the same temp on top as it is at 50 feet.... I sort of like to think of it as Rodeo Cool... You know the beer at the Carnival?? "kinda like that tempreture. 'Probablly gonna be in the mid 50's to low 60's

Now brother...I do like your grill idea! :wink:
I'll have cheese on what ever you want to cook.
I'll even bring cheese so you don't have to.

It is a non stuck grill isn't it ??? :D

FYI: the conservation pool ( Lake Level ) is at 86% right now so the lake is up a little.

Timeliner:
FYI: the conservation pool ( Lake Level ) is at 86% right now so the lake is up a little.

Were is the BANANA?

Timeliner:
Yea Mike ... 75 miles is a real back breaker of a road trip for you I feel bad you might have to suffer so much.
Think of the Karma dude ... Karma !!! :D

It's 61 miles for me...not as much Karma. :14:

texdiveguy:
Were is the BANANA?

The photo must have been taken by somebody that was standing on top of it.
It's a nice view isn't it ?

Back
Top Bottom