Brokenbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All are welcome :)

Frank, you know if we can get nitrox up there? Don't want to get a bunch of gunk in my o2 clean tanks.

I don't know if they do or not; I never checked. Frank may chime in later.

You could call James Crowell, the owner/instructor of Broken Bow Scuba, and ask. 580.584.3408. He's a real nice guy. He told me he's on The Deco Stop board from time to time but I don't know what his screen name is. I think the other shop mainly works on boats; all I saw there was a regular air fill station.

And congrats. on your full cave cert.!

I don't know if they do Nitrox fills or not. They do Hydro testing.
Call James or Dawn at Broken Bow Scuba

580 584-3408 like Sealskin98 gave you checks out
and also Mobile 580 236-0059 are the numbers I have for them.

How are folks traveling/ diving ‘Broken Bow’ from the DFW area?
Do you make it a day trip (out and back in one day) or do you camp?
Mileage is round about?
I would need more…. Tanks if it’s camping. (endless need of scuba.)

I noticed some cabins online… has anyone done that angle? Looks like fun for family and spouses. Ladies often prefer warm lodge and bed to hard ground… :D

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Gracias, Andrew

I have made the trip before and I made a three day weekedn out of it with camping. I want to say it was a 2-3 hour drive from Sachse to the state park below the dam. (if I remember right) I would problay want to bring my slide in camper and fly fishing gear if we go again.

It is a 4.5 hour trek from south Arlington to the lake. It can be done as a full day trip such as going to Travis on a day run.

FIXXERVI6:
hows the camping, cost, facilities?

Rick... I have never camped there myself,,,but always stay in the Beavers Bend State Park cabins just 10 minutes away. The State Park is very nice place,,,,nice cabins, river, (fly fishin very popular), museum on site that is kool.

I do not remember what it cost to camp there but the facilites where always clean. There was a resturant in the park that the food was good and cheap. It was nice to get a nice hot meal after a cold morning fishing. We where staying in tents that trip so the bath room where clean during our 4 day trip. I will say that the road into the camp ground is kind of scary if you on the passenger side of the car. It is cut into the side of a mountain and there is no shoulder just trees and a drop off.

Lukiedukie:
I do not remember what it cost to camp there but the facilites where always clean. There was a resturant in the park that the food was good and cheap. It was nice to get a nice hot meal after a cold morning fishing. We where staying in tents that trip so the bath room where clean during our 4 day trip. I will say that the road into the camp ground is kind of scary if you on the passenger side of the car. It is cut into the side of a mountain and there is no shoulder just trees and a drop off.

sounds like home! I'm from the mountains of WV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom