Brokenbow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debra, you didn't even comment on the "Big Banana" thing. :D

Let's not get this thread going in that direction. :icon10:

sealskin98:
Debra, you didn't even comment on the "Big Banana" thing. :D

Let's not get this thread going in that direction. :icon10:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

I'm at a loss on where to dive, the windex layer in travis is not back yet :-(

I vote for mill pond :)

There is always Flower Gardens and Mexico.

I was in Rockport last weekend and the water was not too bad- I guess it was in the high sixties. Then again I was in a bathing suit- should have brought my drysuit. 8)
The wind was ripping into shore and it was spring break- so traffic sucked.

Good Luck on finding things right now.
I am just looking for micro brewery that needs dive support-!
Yeah, I’ll dive that tank of beer for yaa!
Brings new meaning to the term Miller Time.

Andrew

Since this started as a Broken Bow thread "Windex" may be available soon.
I've seen the top layer (surface to the first thermo at 26ft ) clear enough to see through when your not even in the water during late April thru May. Weather can shake things up.
If your diving there near a vertical wall the visibility is good after the thermocline, usually real good. I've never seen Windex but I've only been to 60-70 feet. Maybe there is a Windex spot. I have dived to 60+ feet there without a light in some places. Let me put it this way... I've not ever been to the lake that I could not find someplace that had an honest 15 feet or more of visibility. I've never seen 30 feet except when I turn back and look up and start to surface. Then you can see quite a distance but that seems normal.

Franks Rules of Thumb ~~~
*Diving in the coves it is less clear as you go deeper and they usually bottom out to mud flats at 35-45 feet. It gets flashlight dark there sooner at around 30-40 feet.

*The rocky walls and deep spots are more clear as you go deeper. There are usually much more diverse rock formations and trees near the cliffs and walls.

The biggest fish I've seen at Broken Bow are near the islands. Of course so are the smallest too. I guess thats why the big fish are there huh?! eyebrow

Take your pick ~ There is no charge to dive or use the lake :14:

If you plan to wear a 3 mil suit then plan a fluff dive cause thats all you'll get .

Wear something thicker and be prepared to go a little cooler and deeper to find the fun spots.

My Personal Take on it~~~
Other then the location which is a bit of a distance from DFW for a day trip I just can't understand why more people do not dive there.

Let me know if you guys head up there,,I would like to tag along.

After today I am not sure if I am up for it but I will make damn sure I am ready if we go. Just let me know

Back
Top Bottom