British nurse lost on dive - Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautilus Lifeline is discontinued
I have never owned either, but I believe the out of production unit was called the Nautilus LifeLine Radio, while the current unit is called the Nautilus LifeLine Marine Rescue GPS. They still want to market with the Lifeline buzzword.

DAN is the current Lifeline unit buoyant without the pouch?

- useless in ocean with no boat traffic or in location where boats don’t use AIS or DSC
Thanks for articulating this issue, as I've been trying to figure out how and where to ask.

Do we have any idea what areas of the world do, and especially which don't, use AIS or DSC? That would be good 'need to know' information for someone considering a Nautilus.

Yep. See the orange thingy floating in my sink, below.

EE84620C-96F3-421B-BC0F-EFCBBE62658A.jpeg

Interesting news about Safety today.
Colleagues, my first open water dive will be in the ocean and I'm getting scared.
Diving will take place in the presence of Dive Master, we do not see any other 1 + 1 option for safety
You are able to specify what device to buy in case of loss, please let me analyze the links to the products and make a decision which one to buy.
I will add that the dives in the ocean are Costa Rica and Panama.
Thank you for providing specific information

Do we have any idea what areas of the world do, and especially which don't, use AIS or DSC? That would be good 'need to know' information for someone considering a Nautilus.
Based on my diving experience, boats in USA & Australia and any liveaboards around the world (USA, Mexico, Australia, Palau, Costa Rica, Colombia, Maldives, Indonesia, Egypt) use / have DSC / AIS. Smaller boats in other places like Mexico, Indonesia, KSA, UAE, Oman, Egypt that you use for day-boat diving, they may not have DSC / AIS. You are better of having PLB then.

When I dive with a day-boat in Indonesia, I also carry cellphone in a waterproof case. We also dive with a guide. I just make sure that the DM is within my sight at all time.

Colleagues, my first open water dive will be in the ocean and I'm getting scared.
Oh, I made a few hundred ocean dives before I got a PLB, as do others. PLBs are an excellent idea, but diving without one is not that risky.

I never dove without a SMB sausage or Storm whistle tho. I worry about people who do.

Interesting news about Safety today.
Diving will take place in the presence of Dive Master, we do not see any other 1 + 1 option for safety
You are able to specify what device to buy in case of loss, please let me analyze the links to the products and make a decision which one to buy.
I will add that the dives in the ocean are Costa Rica and Panama.
Thank you for providing specific information
Check this out:

I never dive without an SMB sausage or Storm whistle tho. I worry about people who do.

Fixed that for you @DandyDon :D

SMBs or DSMBs should be mandatory for every diver on a boat.

A reflector of sorts is also useful, whistles are limited especially if there is a lot of noise on the boat, nobody will hear it.

But this thread has veered off the key subject (like all SB threads).

Any update on the missing diver?

Fixed that for you @DandyDon
I never dove without, I never have dived without an SMB sausage or Storm whistle. I was right on the dove/dived, but I stand corrected on an SMB. I have added a few things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom