Boynton Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to be in the area this next week and have booked a couple of AM dives next Saturday with Splashdown Divers! Hope to see both then, save a spot for me and the gang!

that's a very nice hawskbill... good video

Hey, thanks Andy. He was my dive buddy :wink:

Dude,
Is there still diving in Boynton? Where's the report?

yeah, i haven't seen Scubakevdm in ages... wonder what's up with him

I heard he lost his left nipple in a tragic bowling accident.

While I'm here, I suppose I may as well pen yet another exciting installment of
The Boynton Dive Report Report Report

Seas were nearly flat due to a very chilly breeze out of the Northwest that almost caused an actual nipple tragedy. Water temperature was 75 degrees. Current was slight south on the Castor for dive one, and slight north on Lynn's for dive two. Vis was 45 and 25 feet respectively.
The Castor, for those who don't know was sunk on December 14, 2001 in 115 feet of water where she sits upright with her bow to the South. The wreck is 268 feet long by 37 feet wide by 50 feet tall rising to within 60 feet of the surface. Hurricane Wilma ripped most of her starboard side off, although about a 50 ton hunk of it is currently hanging by a thread. It pops as it sways back and forth in the current. There are at least six resident jewfish, two of them are XL. The Castor's engine room is pretty roomy and multilevel. Usually you can come face to face with one of the bruiser sized jewfish in there. I mostly played outside today though. It was fun!
Next, we were off to Lynn's reef. Lynn's is a ledge that runs along the crest of the Northern part of the Boynton reef system. There's usually tons of fish up there, as was the case today. I only made about half of the dive due to responsibilities topside, but I did manage to see a hermit crab trying to evict a tulip, two big green morays and a marauding school of large yellow jacks that were terrorizing the reef. Even though the vis was a bit off, it was still a great dive.

Scubakevdm:

oh, dude... that's how my first cousin's ex-wife's first husband's father's lost his

Scubakevdm:

Andy:
oh, dude... that's how my first cousin's ex-wife's first husband's father's lost his
You guys are related????

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom