Boynton Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
12/30
Seas 1-2', wind from the SE about 10-15, vis 80', watertemp 74. 1 out of 11 passengers got seasick,puked, only made 1st dive. Nurse sharks, multiple turtles, eels... a spotted eagle ray! J. Seo of Daytona Beach made his first Boynton dives today and sums up the diving with the following remarks;
"Nice, real nice."

12/31 Seas... flat. Wind... I didn't notice, maybe a breeze from the West. Vis... about 65-70'. Water temp, 73. 0 out of 14 passengers got sick, everyone had fun. All of the normal cool stuff was there, like nurse sharks, turtles, eels etc. Nothing super cool today, but there was some excellent midnight parrot behavior goining on. A nice day to dive.

1/1/04 Happy New Year! Seas maybe 2-4. Wind from the E about 15-20. Vis about 60'. Water temp 72. 0 out of 10 passengers got sick. Normal cool stuff, notheing super cool. Two lobsters captured by a guy, and an injured pelican rescued by me. Pelicans stink. Outghtta call 'em smellicans.

Keep 'em up, Kev! I love having daily reports from Splashdown. (Well, the Puke Count is probably a bit much.) Pura Vida in WPB does them here. I wish Mike or Randy or Paul or someone else in Jupiter would post them consistently. They do get read.

-=[Gabe]=-
Dive More in '04!!

Well sir, thank you for reading them, and here it is... today's Boynton Dive Report, sans puke count (zero anyway). Seas were probably 2-4 again, winds from the East about 15 Kts. Vis continues to decline, at about 55'. The good news is that this is just about as bad as it gets. Water temp 75 degrees. Regular cool stuff today and an adult hammerhead and two goldentail morays one of which was the largest I have ever seen.

1/3/04
A little bit bumpy today... seas maybe 3-5 for the AM trip, laying down a little by the second dive of the afternoon trip. Winds from the East, maybe 15 kts. Vis about 55 feet again, but not alot of sunshine, so it was a little bit gloomy down there today. Water temp still 75. Regular cool stuff and extra big freeswimming green moray with camera attacks, a very large scorpionfish and a bearded fireworm.

jriderski:
Where are you reading your temp. from?? I was out this afternnon and the temp was 70.

I have reviewed my computer, 4 dives, all read 75 F. These dives were made on the Boynton Ledges, specifically Black Condo (66 ft), Jerry's No-name (64 ft), Briney Breezes (66 ft) and Castle Ledge/ Table tops (64 ft) between 10:30 am and 5:30 pm.

Scubakevdm:
I have reviewed my computer, 4 dives, all read 75 F. These dives were made on the Boynton Ledges, specifically Black Condo (66 ft), Jerry's No-name (64 ft), Briney Breezes (66 ft) and Castle Ledge/ Table tops (64 ft) between 10:30 am and 5:30 pm.

Did my log book today and this is what my computer read. 1/3/04 Jim Atria 113 swf --73 degrees. Groupers Bend 56 swf ---- 72 degrees. Thermomater on my SPG read 70 ( Analog Readout ) . Not trying to be picky, just thought 4 dives with same reading unusual. :ne_nau:

Joe

They are in the same path for current. Anyway, sorry that this is late but... Heres the report for 1/4/04 Seas 2-3, wind from the East about 10-15 kts, Vis still stuck in the 55' range although light was much better. Water temp.... 75 according to my computer, which is the only indicator I have right now. I will check it against other computers on board for the next trip. Anyway, Lots of turtles, lots of eels and some nurse sharks. Pretty much the regular stuff. No trips for a few days, I am attending a regulator seminar in Orlando. Maybe we'll go out Thursday. - Kev

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom