Blue triggerfish bite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep thinking that these trigger fish attacking attacking is almost like being attacked by Canadian goose.. You just have to have a bigger wingspan lol
Never underestimate the attack capacity of a goose. I challenged one as a joke at an outdoor gathering a few years ago, thinking I and the goose would just posture at each other. Instead, it charged me and bit me on the leg. It really hurt and I had a big bruise where my hamstring attaches to the back of my knee for a month. Even though I was much larger than the goose it wasn't the slightest bit intimidated.

Never underestimate the attack capacity of a goose. I challenged one as a joke at an outdoor gathering a few years ago, thinking I and the goose would just posture at each other. Instead, it charged me and bit me on the leg. It really hurt and I had a big bruise where my hamstring attaches to the back of my knee for a month. Even though I was much larger than the goose it wasn't the slightest bit intimidated.

We live on a ski lake, its a constant battle! We try to addle the eggs to keep the population down! Ive had them charge me but they've always backed down

Hmmm, perhaps there was alcohol involved ?

I have done many dumb things in my life. I don't think that will ever make my list.

How do you do that? Never mind. Found it. Goose egg addling - Wikipedia

Step one: scare the geese off their nest. Accomplished by being the aggressor. If you think you'll be attacked, carry a 55 gal trashcan lid as your he-man shield.

Step two: pour vegetable oil all over the eggs. Usually there's 4-6 LARGE eggs. Pick each egg up and make sure they're FULLY covered generously.

Note: you might need a friend there with a he-man shield guarding you in case those vile lake birds come back to defend their nest

Step four: sit back and enjoy defeating the geese.

The reason you oil the eggs is to suffocate them. Mama bird doesn't know they'll never hatch. So they continue to sit on dead eggs. If you break the eggs, they'll set up shop elsewhere and lay more, and you might not find them in time.

Wanna hear about my goose barrier that keeps them off my property? :rofl3:

Sure. They do leave messy deposits.
Incredibly, this works. I had to try something. The grease were crapping all over my yard, my dock, my boat, EVERYWHERE.

I bought 2 dozen 2' wooden stakes at home depot and spool of nylon rope. I strained the stakes to make it more presentable and longer lasting. Drilled holes through the stakes to thread the rope. Every 6 ft put a stake down. Finished product attached, finished product in action attached.

They stand on the outside and never cross it!!!

Attachments

• 20180323_201842.jpg
    20180323_201842.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180323_201848.jpg
    20180323_201848.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220311_120140.jpg
    20220311_120140.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 38
I was too near to a nest and the dame came out from nowhere and wacked me on my shin with her wing!
Quite painful.
Size made no difference, same as trigger or damsel fish(three spots).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom