Blue Hole Oct 14~15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
K, next time I'm down let's see if I can find someone's Jets to try. I tried on a pair of something, but I can't remember if they were Rockets, Jets, Turtles, or maybe someone made them at home in a *Thing Maker*! What I do remember is they were NOT comfortable.

I have two pairs of Jets in different sizes you're welcome to try.

RonFrank:
So do tell, what is on his *shopping* list?

Well, after you left, he tried Kevin's rig. He had already put money down on a new BC, but like the BP&W so much that he was going to change his order.

charlieo:
I agree that Dan looks like he is coming along just fine with his drysuit. As for a discussion about fins, what's to discuss?

I don't really remember much "discussion", I think it was more Ron making statements :mooner:

Nobody has anything against your fins Ron, the Bio's looked quite nice :)

RonFrank:
That's exactly what the spear chucker said RIGHT before the guy with no spear shot him with a Bang stick! :D

K, next time I'm down let's see if I can find someone's Jets to try. I tried on a pair of something, but I can't remember if they were Rockets, Jets, Turtles, or maybe someone made them at home in a *Thing Maker*! What I do remember is they were NOT comfortable.

The BioFins are comfortable, and in general I don't think anyone is going to get me to switch. But I agree you can not back up in them easily (I've tried). Then again watching you guys do fin drills, NO ONE seems to back up easily! :eyebrow:

For most of my diving goals, I don't feel the need to backup. However I have played around with the idea of Fundies just because I hear it's such a good class even if I have zero desire to do deco or Tech diving for the most part.

I have a pair of large jets w/ spring straps that you can try. I think they will fit you. You wore wet suit boots with your drysuit correct?

I also have a pair of x-large jets, but if I'm in my drysuit I'm not giving them up. :)

Jasonmh:
I don't really remember much "discussion", I think it was more Ron making statements :mooner:

Well, with a group of divers who all subscribe to the same Koolaid drinking ideals, there can be little discussion aside from what type of spring device to attach! I don't think we really talked about fins much while we were there. I did say that I had tried on a pair of X brand fins, and they we not comfortable. I'm willing to try anything at least once, and this group seems to have the goods so that maybe I could find something that fits.

Ironically CharlieO says he is prone to cramps in his fins, but we just won't go there. :shakehead Frank, you know what might help with that cramping? BioFins! :crafty:

Jasonmh:
Nobody has anything against your fins Ron, the Bio's looked quite nice :)

Actually they are, and I can stay off the bottom, I just can not back up! I hear it's possible, but I would have to likley get into a pool to really work that out, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Jasonmh:
If you want, I can try to take some video of you the next time we are all out there. The video is a great way to learn. Then you can see yourself and what you are doing. When I first saw myself on video, I got to see that I was doing things that I didn't even realize I was doing.

Definitely. I think I have an uncut harness at home, and it is pretty big. Either way, I'm sure we can work something out. Let me check, and we can try to have something you can use for next time.

There ya go Dan, now you have a couple more reasons to get down to the hole again! That is a generous offer Jason!

Jasonmh:
All very true points.
If you want, I can try to take some video of you the next time we are all out there. The video is a great way to learn. Then you can see yourself and what you are doing. When I first saw myself on video, I got to see that I was doing things that I didn't even realize I was doing.

Speaking of video, how did my valve drill look? Did I look like a total spaz? :)

amascuba:
Speaking of video, how did my valve drill look? Did I look like a total spaz? :)

Well I can tell you I watched you from above during much of your valve drill (thinking the whole time how interesting I could make that *drill* for you!), and you looked good to me. But I'm more DUHHH than DIR so take it for what it's worth. :D

RonFrank:
Well I can tell you I watched you from above during much of your valve drill (thinking the whole time how interesting I could make that *drill* for you!), and you looked good to me. But I'm more DUHHH than DIR so take it for what it's worth. :D

I just see you now .. "what happens when I turn that knob off?" :D

RonFrank:
That's exactly what the spear chucker said RIGHT before the guy with no spear shot him with a Bang stick! :D

The BioFins are comfortable, and in general I don't think anyone is going to get me to switch. But I agree you can not back up in them easily (I've tried). Then again watching you guys do fin drills, NO ONE seems to back up easily! :eyebrow:

For most of my diving goals, I don't feel the need to backup. However I have played around with the idea of Fundies just because I hear it's such a good class even if I have zero desire to do deco or Tech diving for the most part.
I won't tell ANYBODY what fins to wear. I like the Jets, and I use Turtles with one drysuit because of the larger boots, but a lot of folks swear by the splits in many of the different brands.

As far as the backup kick go, once you start using them you find ALL kinds of reasons to use it. I LOVE it for UW photography! So much easier than making another pass to get the subject lined up, especially for macro type subjects.
I like the control I have with the paddle fin, little kick with one foot or another and I can position myself exactly where I need to be.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom