Looking for buddy to dive Santa Rosa Blue Hole on August 13 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imagine_lemons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be travelling on a cross country trip in mid August and the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa NM is a very convenient stopping point. Naturally I'd like to try and squeeze in a couple dives while I'm there, especially considering my soft spot for freshwater springs. If anyone would be down for a dive on August 13th let me know and let's see if we can make it work. Unfortunately given my travel schedule the 13th is the only day I can dive on.

I might meet you there. If not, being a Sunday, there will be plenty of divers there to connect with.

Are you spending a night in Santa Rosa or just stopping mid day for a few dives?

I met my brother-in-law there about a month ago. As we were getting ready, someone popped over and asked if he could dive with us, so it seems pretty easy to tag along if you need to.

I might meet you there. If not, being a Sunday, there will be plenty of divers there to connect with.

Are you spending a night in Santa Rosa or just stopping mid day for a few dives?
I was thinking of stopping for a full day. If it's as easy as people say to buddy up there I might just bite the bullet and book an extra night.

Swimmers park in the paved lot around on the right of the meeting center there... divers park around back on the left. There will be plenty of divers set up with shade canopies and gear. Just introduce yourself and you will have no trouble finding someone to dive with. Stella runs the tank rental shed and she might know who is looking for a dive buddy that day.

Rentals and tank fills are available all day on weekends but by appointment only if you hang around for a morning dive on Monday.

Yeah, no problem finding a buddy.

One word of caution, though. If you are travelling west towards Albuquerque, watch your nitrogen load and the elevations you will encounter. I've heard the stories...

If you take a 2-hour SI before continuing to ABQ you will be fine. Just be slow loading up and get a meal before you go. High point is Cline's Corners @7000 feet. Santa Rosa is about 5000 feet.

It was a little iffy when I first got there as the only divers present were doing classes but I was able to work something out and got a dive in. Even found an apple watch at the bottom. Guessing Sunday is a good day to go if you want to find things swimmers lost on Saturday lol. Only hope whoever lost it thinks to check back with the office or something.
GX010114.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom