Anyone for Blue Hole tomorrow? (1/11/24)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m in Santa Rosa NM for the day tomorrow and looking to dive Blue Hole during the day and also looking at it for a night dive as well. Anyone else in? Got my own tanks. I’ve got the first round at the post dive brief.
If you're going to be around at another time, shoot me a DM. I'll come dive with you (but I can't tomorrow :( )

Good luck with the wind-chill. 🥶
Maybe catch ya on the next trip!

Good luck with the wind-chill. 🥶
Maybe catch ya on the next trip!
I'm teaching out there on the weekend of the 20th. Praying for some of that good 'ole global warming.

I'm teaching out there on the weekend of the 20th. Praying for some of that good 'ole global warming.

I was planning on sleeping in my truck as I had during the last few days of my trip from Ginnie Springs. Until I saw the weather forecast. Had the wife find me a hotel for tonight and tomorrow. My old Army extreme cold weather sleeping bag (circa 1991) works quite well in low temps but as I’ve gotten older my BS tolerance hasn’t held up as well as that old fart sack. Besides, my ass is sore from driving the last three days and sleeping in the truck the last two nights.

If you just came out of Gennie, I'm going to say you will probably be a bit disappointed in the Blue Hole. While the Blue Hole is a fine road side attraction, it isn't the destination of the Florida caves.

If you just came out of Gennie, I'm going to say you will probably be a bit disappointed in the Blue Hole. While the Blue Hole is a fine road side attraction, it isn't the destination of the Florida caves.
Nah, just looking for things to do on my drive back home from Florida. Or as my wife calls it, my “scuba drive.”

Nah, just looking for things to do on my drive back home from Florida. Or as my wife calls it, my “scuba drive.”
As long as you have accurate expectations, go for it. I've done it once. I'll do it again, if I happen to be driving by at the right time again. Nice road side attraction. The town is one of the nicer ones in New Mexico as well.

As long as you have accurate expectations, go for it. I've done it once. I'll do it again, if I happen to be driving by at the right time again. Nice road side attraction. The town is one of the nicer ones in New Mexico as well.
It’s a nice little dive spot. The blue hue is pretty cool. Sitting down at the grate that leads back to the spring that feeds it there doesn’t feel like much flow, despite being 3000 gallons/minute.

But at 4600 ft and an 81’ depth, this translates to an equivalent depth of 93 feet. Real easy to zero out the NDL clock especially with my dive computer on high conservation. Of note, I hadn’t used the Perdix on an altitude dive before and it handles it admirably.

But for now, just waiting another half an hour for it to get dark enough before dropping in again.

For those that haven’t been here, it’s a pretty nice facility. It’s part of the City of Santa Rosa Parks and attached to their convention center. They have a large heated room available for divers to prep/don gear, hangout, as well as restrooms and showers. I’d recommend bringing a folding camp chair or the like.

Was a little miffed while suiting up one of my DUI silicone wrist seals tore. I was just planning on using neoprene gloves but guess I’m using dry gloves now. During my surface interval popped on the phone and ordered some replacement HD latex seals from DGX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom