Anyone for Blue Hole tomorrow? (1/11/24)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s a nice little dive spot. The blue hue is pretty cool. Sitting down at the grate that leads back to the spring that feeds it there doesn’t feel like much flow, despite being 3000 gallons/minute.

But at 4600 ft and an 81’ depth, this translates to an equivalent depth of 93 feet. Real easy to zero out the NDL clock especially with my dive computer on high conservation. Of note, I hadn’t used the Perdix on an altitude dive before and it handles it admirably.

But for now, just waiting another half an hour for it to get dark enough before dropping in again.

For those that haven’t been here, it’s a pretty nice facility. It’s part of the City of Santa Rosa Parks and attached to their convention center. They have a large heated room available for divers to prep/don gear, hangout, as well as restrooms and showers. I’d recommend bringing a folding camp chair or the like.

Was a little miffed while suiting up one of my DUI silicone wrist seals tore. I was just planning on using neoprene gloves but guess I’m using dry gloves now. During my surface interval popped on the phone and ordered some replacement HD latex seals from DGX.

The bottom of the snorkel (the pipe) is about 87 feet. Which is the equivalent of about 104ish feet.

The Mexican place up the highway east of Blue Hole is good if you are looking for dinner.
Joseph's

The bottom of the snorkel (the pipe) is about 87 feet. Which is the equivalent of about 104ish feet.

Sign board stated 81 feet, Perdix (set for freshwater) saw it as 84 feet. The Excursion (no setting for fresh water) I was running as backup saw it as 70-something.

Also, in speaking with Mark, the manager at the facility, they will be replacing the pipe and grate in the coming months.

The Mexican place up the highway east of Blue Hole is good if you are looking for dinner.

Ate at Chico's my first night there. Had the enchiladas which were hella good. It'd be a five star meal except for when I asked for what beers they had I was told they didn't have any. Sacrilege! But they did have Jarritos pineapple soda to wash it down.

Ate there my second night after I finished diving. I had just loaded up my truck and was fired it up, pulled out my phone and was about to look for restaurants when their ad came over the radio. That settled it. The chicken fried steak with green chiles was the bomb. And they had beer (as well as a full bar).

Back
Top Bottom