Blue Hole Oct 14~15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver:
Looking forward to the next trip. Dan, I have both of your hangers that you left.......

Thanks for noticing the hangers. I realized I didn't have them when I got home last night.

Great diving with everyone. I always learn so much just from listening to you guys, not to mention watching you guys dive. When I have that kind of bouyancy control, I will consider myself a 'real' diver.

Dan

ddavies:
Thanks for noticing the hangers. I realized I didn't have them when I got home last night.

Great diving with everyone. I always learn so much just from listening to you guys, not to mention watching you guys dive. When I have that kind of bouyancy control, I will consider myself a 'real' diver.

Dan

You might look,and dive better than you sometimes feel Dan! If you want, next time we go down we can do hover drills! :D But I think the main problem is that you are not using black fins! :mooner:

Remember Alan was not happy with his control even if IMO for his first time diving doubles, I thought he looked great. But sometimes when we think things are going poorly, they really are not that bad, you just feel that they are cause you are trying to achieve better control than you previously recognized you wanted. Also, you don't have that many dry dives, and are doing great with your buoyancy in that suit.

Maybe we can work it out so you can try a BP/W setup. I'm not sure any of these guys have a harness cut to your size, but I *bet* given some advance notice something could be worked out, just stay away from Kevin's OxyCheq rig! :shakehead

I hate to admit it, but the BP/W setup makes controlling trim and buoyancy less of a task when having to carry a bunch of lead vs. even a good Back Inflate like the Zeagles we both use.

RonFrank:
You might look,and dive better than you sometimes feel Dan! If you want, next time we go down we can do hover drills! .
Yeah Dan, I only saw you a couple of times, but it looked like you were doing pretty good.

RonFrank:
But sometimes when we think things are going poorly, they really are not that bad, you just feel that they are cause you are trying to achieve better control than you previously recognized you wanted. Also, you don't have that many dry dives, and are doing great with your buoyancy in that suit. .
All very true points.
If you want, I can try to take some video of you the next time we are all out there. The video is a great way to learn. Then you can see yourself and what you are doing. When I first saw myself on video, I got to see that I was doing things that I didn't even realize I was doing.

RonFrank:
Maybe we can work it out so you can try a BP/W setup. I'm not sure any of these guys have a harness cut to your size, but I *bet* given some advance notice something could be worked out....
Definitely. I think I have an uncut harness at home, and it is pretty big. Either way, I'm sure we can work something out. Let me check, and we can try to have something you can use for next time.

RonFrank:
I hate to admit it, but the BP/W setup makes controlling trim and buoyancy less of a task when having to carry a bunch of lead vs. even a good Back Inflate like the Zeagles we both use.

That is very true Ron. I don't use it because I think it is "tech" or cool, I use it because for me it just makes things EASIER, and I like to make things as easy as possible on myself. I find it to be better fitting and easier to control, which lets me relax and have more fun while I'm diving. Not everyone feels this way, but as you can tell from our group, most of us do!

RonFrank:
I'

Next time we REALLY need to put together a BBQ of some sort. Ohh, the tent with heat is going to become critical at some point in the near future as well. Or you guys can get off your wallets, and purchase a nice big 5th wheel! I'm rather positive I read something by Jarrod Jablonski where he indicates the need of a luxury RV to really be DIR. :crafty:

The last two times we've been down there the weather has kinda sucked. It rained Saturday, not sure if you all had rain where you were at. Ironically I have better memories of sunny warm days in the winter than in the summer, spring and fall... Go figure.

Actually, Tim says he has access to his parents 5th wheel "anytime" he wants to use it. I can see a real need for this guy to be a integral part of the group!!:eyebrow:

Jasonmh:
That is very true Ron. I don't use it because I think it is "tech" or cool, I use it because for me it just makes things EASIER, and I like to make things as easy as possible on myself. I find it to be better fitting and easier to control, which lets me relax and have more fun while I'm diving. Not everyone feels this way, but as you can tell from our group, most of us do!

HEAR, HEAR!!!

So true!! I find that it's not what other think of me or my diving/whatever, but what makes ME happy. And, diving the BP&W makes me HAPPY!!

Anyone for some Koolaid!!
koolaid.jpg

So I went by the LDS at lunch to drop off my tanks, and Tim was there making "adjustments" to his order...hahaha :wink:

Let me chime in here. I made the switch to BP/W full time and had very little trouble. Like Ron and Dan I had a Zeagle BC. I had some difficulty with a weight belt over the harness but that problem was solved with the Diverite weight pockets.
I agree that Dan looks like he is coming along just fine with his drysuit. As for a discussion about fins, what's to discuss?

charlieo:
Let me chime in here. I made the switch to BP/W full time and had very little trouble. Like Ron and Dan I had a Zeagle BC. I had some difficulty with a weight belt over the harness but that problem was solved with the Diverite weight pockets.
I agree that Dan looks like he is coming along just fine with his drysuit. As for a discussion about fins, what's to discuss?

That's exactly what the spear chucker said RIGHT before the guy with no spear shot him with a Bang stick! :D

K, next time I'm down let's see if I can find someone's Jets to try. I tried on a pair of something, but I can't remember if they were Rockets, Jets, Turtles, or maybe someone made them at home in a *Thing Maker*! What I do remember is they were NOT comfortable.

The BioFins are comfortable, and in general I don't think anyone is going to get me to switch. But I agree you can not back up in them easily (I've tried). Then again watching you guys do fin drills, NO ONE seems to back up easily! :eyebrow:

For most of my diving goals, I don't feel the need to backup. However I have played around with the idea of Fundies just because I hear it's such a good class even if I have zero desire to do deco or Tech diving for the most part.

Jasonmh:
So I went by the LDS at lunch to drop off my tanks, and Tim was there making "adjustments" to his order...hahaha :wink:

So do tell, what is on his *shopping* list?

ABQdiver:
Actually, Tim says he has access to his parents 5th wheel "anytime" he wants to use it. I can see a real need for this guy to be a integral part of the group!!:eyebrow:

I thought Tim dove well, and seems like a great guy. I'm happy he found the group. The fact he has access to a 5 wheel has no bearing on my thought that he should be allowed to dive in the group only IF he brings trailer, and enough propayne to run the heater! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom