Blue Hole Oct 14~15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dan and I are heading down to the hole next weekend. Dan had a class scheduled, and I decided to tag along.

If anyone is interested we are leaving friday evening from the Denver area.

Too bad we could not have scheduled this around the weekend of the 20th, but the OW dives for the class are set.

Kevin is going to hook up with us Sunday morning for a couple dives. Let's hope the weather is nice, it's suppose to turn cold here this week but I have not checked the long term forcast for Santa Rosa.

Great, I'll be up there with Kevin, and I think Amascuba too... See you there.

As of right now the forecast is for it to rain during the week, but clear on Friday, and be in the 70's on Saturday. Sundays forecast is not yet in the national weather service site, but it looks promising for good weather.

We will be diving all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. We will try and get two dives in Sunday, but we shall see!

I'm going to dive the BP/W again on Sunday! Kevin, don't forget that I need the reg and SPG to dive that setup. Besides I CAN't dive a BP/W without a long hose! :D

That SPG is nice BTW. I need to get a *real* octo for my setup, and a wrist compass, and then I'm going to get rid of my 3 guage console, and go with that SPG, it was very sweet!

Cool, you guys let me know if you need me to bring any extra equipment, I have extras of almost everything.

RonFrank:
As of right now the forecast is for it to rain during the week, but clear on Friday, and be in the 70's on Saturday. Sundays forecast is not yet in the national weather service site, but it looks promising for good weather.

We will be diving all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. We will try and get two dives in Sunday, but we shall see!

I'm going to dive the BP/W again on Sunday! Kevin, don't forget that I need the reg and SPG to dive that setup. Besides I CAN't dive a BP/W without a long hose! :D

That SPG is nice BTW. I need to get a *real* octo for my setup, and a wrist compass, and then I'm going to get rid of my 3 guage console, and go with that SPG, it was very sweet!

Yep, I'll bring all along for your enjoyment!

Jason, we're going to hook Frank in on the BP&W setup yet!!

Excellent! See you guys on Sunday! :D

ABQdiver:

Well, you're the one who hooked me, so I know you are good at that :)

Are you going out Sat & Sun, or just Sun?

take care,
Jason

ABQdiver:

If you'll take $100 for your Single Setup, I'll DEFINATELY be hooked! :rofl3:

I liked it enough to look into it seriously. If it was not so damn expensive for what amounts to a hunk of metal, some drings, and the buckels and webbing I'd have one already! But my thoughts right now are:

Oxycheq SS #45 or Mach V 40# wing (here is the expensive part).
Hammerhead plate/STA.
DR Deluxe harness (maybe I'll switch to Hog IF I can get out of it).
Some kinda SS cam straps (damn those SS buckels are expensive for what they are).

The DSS rigs are also appealing, but I REALLY liked that Oxycheq Single wing.

Another thing that slows me down is that my inflator and Octo (Zeagle AirII) are not going to work with a BP/W setup. Yet a third thing, I really like my Stiletto, and it's a great travel BC even if I think the BP/W would also travel well.

So I'll continue to *try out* Kevin's BP/W, and I'm keeping an eye out for STUFF that I may find used, or a great deal. I've been watching for a ZX Octo, but so far nothing, and I'm not in a hurry.

See you all Sat/Sun! BTW, it's snowing in Conifer... Winter has arrived... again! :no

Jasonmh:
Well, you're the one who hooked me, so I know you are good at that :)

Are you going out Sat & Sun, or just Sun?

take care,
Jason
Just Sunday for me! I'll be there around 8:30am and will stick around for at least two or three dives, whatever the general group wants to do.

RonFrank:
If you'll take $100 for your Single Setup, I'll DEFINATELY be hooked! :rofl3:

I liked it enough to look into it seriously. If it was not so damn expensive for what amounts to a hunk of metal, some drings, and the buckels and webbing I'd have one already! But my thoughts right now are:

Oxycheq SS #45 or Mach V 40# wing (here is the expensive part).
Hammerhead plate/STA.
DR Deluxe harness (maybe I'll switch to Hog IF I can get out of it).
Some kinda SS cam straps (damn those SS buckels are expensive for what they are).

The DSS rigs are also appealing, but I REALLY liked that Oxycheq Single wing.

Another thing that slows me down is that my inflator and Octo (Zeagle AirII) are not going to work with a BP/W setup. Yet a third thing, I really like my Stiletto, and it's a great travel BC even if I think the BP/W would also travel well.

So I'll continue to *try out* Kevin's BP/W, and I'm keeping an eye out for STUFF that I may find used, or a great deal. I've been watching for a ZX Octo, but so far nothing, and I'm not in a hurry.

See you all Sat/Sun! BTW, it's snowing in Conifer... Winter has arrived... again! :no

I'm glad you added that ROFL smilie...........:11:

There are a slew of new places and options these days for the BP&W setups. Heck I even heard the DiveRite and OMS have new cave gear that is really slick. You're right! Nothing is cheap, kind of like photography, huh??:shakehead Yep, (if) when you go that route you'll have to get an secondary regulator. But, you'll like it hanging right at your chest. VERY easy to get to!!

Snowing?? Quick, go South!

Back
Top Bottom