Blue Hole Oct 14~15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
Well, with a group of divers who all subscribe to the same Koolaid drinking ideals, there can be little discussion aside from what type of spring device to attach! I don't think we really talked about fins much while we were there. I did say that I had tried on a pair of X brand fins, and they we not comfortable. I'm willing to try anything at least once, and this group seems to have the goods so that maybe I could find something that fits.

Ironically CharlieO says he is prone to cramps in his fins, but we just won't go there. :shakehead Frank, you know what might help with that cramping? BioFins! :crafty:

Actually they are, and I can stay off the bottom, I just can not back up! I hear it's possible, but I would have to likley get into a pool to really work that out, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Cramps? Well your secret clearance is revoked!

amascuba:
I just see you now .. "what happens when I turn that knob off?" :D

Yeah, maybe next time I'm down I can get a quick crash course in double manafold configurations. I have a general idea of what the various options are, but it's not a bad idea to understand exactly how each of these setup's work as I'm diving with a few people using doubles.

charlieo:
Cramps? Well your secret clearance is revoked!

Sorry, I did not know it was a secret! :D

But you're welcome to try my Bio's sometime if you like, and I won't tell, if you don't want me to!. :wink:

RonFrank:
Sorry, I did not know it was a secret! :D

But you're welcome to try my Bio's sometime if you like, and I won't tell, if you don't want me to!. :wink:
Humor aside, since we are close and I have a couple of sets of BP/W's you and Dan are welcome to try them.
Back to humor, I understand if I get caught in anything other than Jets someone tears a piece off my cave card. However since your Bio's are black it will only be a small piece!

charlieo:
Humor aside, since we are close and I have a couple of sets of BP/W's you and Dan are welcome to try them.
Back to humor, I understand if I get caught in anything other than Jets someone tears a piece off my cave card. However since your Bio's are black it will only be a small piece!

I've been diving Kevin's BP/W setup the last two times down at the hole, but Dan maybe interested. Not sure if you will need to put new webbing on for him however, he is a big boy! :D

However since the diving here is so... let's say, challanged, I'm not sure Dan would really get a great feel for the difference, especially doing flat profiles in less than 30Feet of water.

Thank you VERY much for the offer, and I may take you up on the offer of the Jets. Maybe we should do a pool! :rofl3: Seriously, it maybe the best way to evaluate stuff in this area.

You are ALSO always welcome if you want to go down to the HOLE. IF we could get a bit larger group to share gas costs down, it would make the trip more affordable.

I've been going down basically at least once a quarter, and will likely continue to do so. I enjoy the diving, the ABQ folks, and even if it's a lot of driving where else can I go dive in the winter in 80ffs+ water with good vis without spending $500?

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun after I left! I'm sorry I haven't gotten to meet the NM folks. Back Plate and wings eh? You guys have got me curious now....

I enjoyed diving with you and Dan!

PF

pipefish:
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun after I left! I'm sorry I haven't gotten to meet the NM folks. Back Plate and wings eh? You guys have got me curious now....

PF
OK PF you have got the curiosity bug now.........bawhaahaaa:eyebrow:

pipefish:

PF

Hey PipeFish!

I enjoyed diving with you as well darling! It was nice to meet your husband what's his name (boy do I suck at names). It made up for Dan staring at his computer during his CO multi level dives! :rofl3:

Yeah, the Back Plate Wing thing is rather compelling when diving dry. I have been using Kevin's 13 lbs setup. This is a 6 lbs backplate with a 7lbs STA, and it basically puts 13lbs on the back over the lungs. I then add 10 lbs on a weight belt, and the rig is very solid. The buoyancy charastics are great, and I like it better than my Zeagle with 22lbs in the front and rear pockets!

You can try this setup if you like if you want to hook up and dive the hole with us at some point. Of course I'm offering food I don't grow, so the catch is you can try this setup if I can work it out with my buds down in ABQ. Kevin will try and hook up with us when we go down, but the best way is to go down on a third Sat of a month.

Speaking of that, if you have an instructor trip down, figure out a way to smuggle me on the train, and I'll help with costs, and OW students on dry land as well. I may do a DM class with you soon! But.... well, time and money baby! I don't have either really in 2006.

Dan:

I do have an uncut harness at home that should definitely fit you. Next time we are out there i'll bring it so you can try the BP&W if you want to. Just let me know when you plan on going next.

Ron:
You said you were looking for an SPG. Did you see the deal here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=163797
One heck of a deal, the spg is $50 with a hose purchase, and the hoses are 35%off. It is the same SPG that my dad was using on the doubles that you were looking at.
And they are doing a drawing for a new apex reg too.

Jasonmh:
Ron:
You said you were looking for an SPG. Did you see the deal here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=163797
One heck of a deal, the spg is $50 with a hose purchase, and the hoses are 35%off. It is the same SPG that my dad was using on the doubles that you were looking at.
And they are doing a drawing for a new apex reg too.

I just got an SPG made by IST for the $54 deal. I do not need a hose! Well, maybe a long hose if they are on the cheap! Those TDL guys are always blaming their sales on a missing boss, they need to come up some alternative *excuses* for a sale, but Gotta love these price wars!

Thanks very much for posting, and I'm still looking to put together a BP/W and am looking for a ZX octo or maybe similar in the Apex on the cheap! Kevin does not seem too inclined to let his setup go for the insane price I'm offering up! :toilet Hey Kevin, I DID have birthday last July! :rofl3:

BTW, what is useguys schedules for the next couple months? I'm looking at getting down one more time before the end of the year. I was kicking around the idea of going down the Friday after Thanksgiving. Do UALL have this stuff already scheduled? I'll likely drop Kevin a PM as well since he seems to be DaMAN, and I know he is in FL at some point in Dec I think. But it's always fun to dive and hang out with yaAll.

But if we drive 400 miles you damn well better be there! :1poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom