Blue Hole Dec 10-11th!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you just bring your kids? or are they too young?
That seems like it would buy you the whole weekend. Not everyone will be diving at exactly the same time, so you might have built in sitters.

lol. I wish that was the case. They are 10 and 2. The 10 year old would be fine. The 2 year old might drive everyone else back home. I'm still planning on coming. I just might have to drive down early and leave early. What time does Stella open her shop? I'm still depending on Hilary to provide my wetsuit so I'll have to wait on her too. I think she's planning on getting there around 9:30. Right?

scubajoh44:
lol. I wish that was the case. They are 10 and 2. The 10 year old would be fine. The 2 year old might drive everyone else back home. I'm still planning on coming. I just might have to drive down early and leave early. What time does Stella open her shop? I'm still depending on Hilary to provide my wetsuit so I'll have to wait on her too. I think she's planning on getting there around 9:30. Right?
Stella opens at 8am Santa Rosa time, that is - after 8 NM, about 9.15am Texas time.

OK. Then Hilary and my timing will be ok. I'm going to be on fast forward diving. I'm gonna try to do as much diving as possible to make my trip worth while. I'll have to leave around 4:00. :0(

scubajoh44:
OK. Then Hilary and my timing will be ok. I'm going to be on fast forward diving. I'm gonna try to do as much diving as possible to make my trip worth while. I'll have to leave around 4:00. :0(
I am SO serious about offering my spouse, and two older daughters to help out if you want to bring them. Your 2 year old would have my 3 year old to play together, and they'd probably have FUN!!!! I'm going to have my daughters chasing them around outside for awhile, then when they get cold and whiney and hungry, go back to the hotel for hot chocolate and movies and nap time. My husband is only doing one dive he said, if even that. Currently his BC is in pieces in his office... Don't ask... ANYWAYS.. My son was a MONSTER at 2, so I'm sure NOTHING yours would do would surprise me. (When my daughter was at Balmorhea getting certified, he woke up every hour and climbed up in my husband's face and said, "Daddy. Daddy. DADDY!!!! Let's go back Zachy's house. NOW." :) My poor spouse had NO sleep all weekend. ) But of course...you know what you're comfy with. But you could spend the night that way and it would be more relaxed. And you could go socialize! HAPPY HOUR!! (I'm so about the socializing. :) )

Thanks for the offer. Really!!!....but I'm sure you know how it is. We just don't know each other and our kids don't know each other. Now, if all goes well this weekend and my 10 yer old comes, I'm sure he will be begging to go play with your kids. Next time, maybe we can work out a babysitting fee for your kids. Have you been to the hole before?

Been reading all these posts and wishing I could attend too. Sadly the Army requires I be somewhere else on the 10th. Very jealous of ya'll since the hole was closed on my attempt to dive it. So are you folks just diving the hole or are you going to hit perch lake too?

That hasn't really been discussed, but I deffinately am. I like Perch lake. Who else is gonna go?

scubajoh44:
That hasn't really been discussed, but I deffinately am. I like Perch lake. Who else is gonna go?
Perch Lake has a wide surface area with little spring flow. Temp would probably be around 40 degrees - perhaps cooler with lows this week getting down to 4 degree at night. Have fun! :frosty:

Saturday's forecast looks better...
Saturday: A 10 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 62
But I still think a noon break at the cafe would be preferable.

I'm still going to Perch. Anyone want to buddy with me? C'mon!!!

Did we ever decide about lunch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom