Blue Hole Dec 10-11th!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I'm with the class, I cannot go off site. We don't allow the students so some schedule can be kept. I'm still bringing my camp stove and make something during the SI.

Perch for me is the same thing. Although a night dive at Perch sounds nice!!:D :shocked: :D

I just checked the National Weather Service site, and it looks better than it did Sunday.

Who knows what the actually weather will be this weekend......

scubajoh44:
I'm still going to Perch. Anyone want to buddy with me? C'mon!!!

Did we ever decide about lunch?
I"m up for Perch Lake but dang that sounds cold. In a wetsuit?? Wow...you're alot more brave than me! But I'll do it. IS it possible to do the Blue hole and then get a fill and head to Perch on the surface interval? I want to do that plane.

HilaryRN71:
I"m up for Perch Lake but dang that sounds cold. In a wetsuit?? Wow...you're alot more brave than me! But I'll do it. IS it possible to do the Blue hole and then get a fill and head to Perch on the surface interval? I want to do that plane.
Yeah, it's not far. Ask Stella first thing to call the city to unlock the gate. :14:

HilaryRN71:
:frosty: I just went out to feed the horses. Its about 0 degrees and the wind chill makes it about minus 20. I put them in the corral and as I was pouring the grain, I noticed that the water in the trough was low. So I got a hose and started filling it while hooking up a new water heater that will keep it from icing over. Suddenly, the hose decided that it would jump out of the water, spin around and spray me in the face, I grabbed it, stuck it back into the trough, and noticed that my eyes had frozen shut, and my glove had frozen to the gate. I managed to remove my hand from the glove(leaving it on the gate) and feel my way back to the house, where I thawed my eyes back open, got some new gloves, and went back out to finish the job.

:loki3: I hope its warmer in Santa Rosa!!!!

Damn it's COLD!!

Got home after work, and it was -6F. Now it's -8. Fortunately I have not glued my eyes shut with a hose :05:

I maybe willing to do Pearch Lake. We will see. I do have a dry suit, but I'm not sure my undergarment is made for 40F water. However if others are doing it wet, well I could likely do it dry :D

I pulled my Knee out hanging XMAS lights on the house this weekend. Right now it's swollen, and I'm limping about. I hope it's better by the weekend, I may be a somewhat disabled diver, but I think I can still dive.

So far we have kinda iffy responses to the picnic. I ordered a ezup 10'x10' tent, and it arrived today, so I'll bring that. I don't think it has sides, but it still makes a nice staging area.

So to picnic or not to picnic? I'll likely bring some stuff in a cooler in any event. I like to have snacks and stuff on site, but if everyone would rather just go and get a bite in town, that's fine as well.

I have a one burner propayne stove that I can throw in and a pot for heating water. Some hot coco or water to do coffee is never a bad thing to have. But I'm not going to bring a big grill if no one is interested in doing the BBQ thing.

Thoughts?

I think we'll be okay at The Hole. Even if we get a norther, the cliff will break the wind. But I want to take pics of Jo breaking ice to dive Perch. :frosty:

LOL. I MIGHT rethink it if I have to break ice. Anyone have a pick I can use? C'mon....it'll be a story to tell if nothing else!

I say let's not picnic. It could be cold...and even if it isn't, the wetsuit divers will likely be cold. We could order pizza, meet at a cafe (I love the NASCAR mechanic look when I just wear my undergarment out in public!!) etc etc. So a restaurant is my vote.

HilaryRN71:
I say let's not picnic. It could be cold...and even if it isn't, the wetsuit divers will likely be cold. We could order pizza, meet at a cafe (I love the NASCAR mechanic look when I just wear my undergarment out in public!!) etc etc. So a restaurant is my vote.
:loki3: Forecast low there tonight is 2F, with lows every night below freezing. :ice: Yeah, Perch Lake will be a lot of fun - especially if the wet suit doesn't fit well. :frosty: I'll follow anyone out there, tho, as I want the pics :camera: with a close-up on their faces when they come out.

Tomorrow would be a bad day with the front coming thru tonight - even Dallas Texas is expecting snow - but Saturday looks like the warmest day of the week :cheering: just like we ordered it. The projected mid-afternoon high will be in teh 50s or 60s, depending on when you check the changing forecast, but 12 or 1pm will still be cooler. Cooking out was a noble idea, but I don't see it happening. :ne_nau:

There are lots of fun places on Route 66, of course, as this town depends on stopping tourists. I like the little place there just as your turn off of 66 headed for the Hole, Perch Lake, Puerto de Luna (Coronado's winter campsite - other than the one he used near my home), but anything other than Denny's or MacDonald's is fine with me.

:bandit_2:​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom