Blue Hole April 25~26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have not made hard plans other that to agree to meet at the BH on this weekend. Likely we will arrive Friday evening, do a night dive, and dive Sat~Sun.

If anyone else is interested, or just planning on being around that weekend this would be a good thread to post on! :D

Have you ever noticed how the first time you dove Blue Hole, it seemed magical...and so much bigger once you went underwater and headed toward the bottom? Every now and then it still feels that way. Especially during night dives when all you can see is within the diameter and scope of your beam. But overall it seems to be shrinking. Like going back to your grade school 30 years later. In your mind's eye, the playground was huge, the gym was huge, but in reality it was tiny!
Blue Hole just seems to be shrinking! :doh2:
Even worse is the Crater in Utah. I've been out there WAY too much lately, and am heading there again tomorrow and again the next weekend(Which is why I can't make it to BH.)
Thats 16 dives @ the Crater since our RMO get together at Blue Hole! Ugh!:shakehead:
The ONLY therapy is going to be to head to the ocean asap. Just need some time and money...anyone know where to get that???:D

Have a good time on the 25th/26th. It should be warm and wonderful!:crafty:

We have not made hard plans other that to agree to meet at the BH on this weekend. Likely we will arrive Friday evening, do a night dive, and dive Sat~Sun.

If anyone else is interested, or just planning on being around that weekend this would be a good thread to post on! :D

Looks like I'll be there working a class. :) I probably won't have much time to hang around, but we should be able to get some chat time in. :)

The ONLY therapy is going to be to head to the ocean asap. Just need some time and money...anyone know where to get that???:D

You can ask the government for a multi billion dollar bailout. :)

Camping sounds good, as long as the weather continues to look good.

We got DUMPED on here in Conifer. We got close to 4' of heavy, wet, icky, yucky, driveway infesting snow! I had moved the Subaru up top, but now I'm thinking about this, I better get my driveway plowed or my wife will be without a car next weekend.. hmmm...

the crater?? You dive in the crater??? What a hole lol. Yeah, that's where I go but I live in Utah. 3 weeks till Roatan, Yipee. For those outside of Utah and not named divedoggie the crater is under a large mound with a peep hole in the roof. It is fed by warm springs and is usually above 90 degrees. Shaped like an hour glass, 64 feet deep and about 60 feet across qat the surface but hey, when you live in the rocky mountains... I sort of hate those of you living in Florida and the Philippines. Not California though, too d... cold!

Hi Ron,

I might be able to go this weekend. I don't think I'll have the camper mounted on my truck yet though. Who are you going with? I'm thinking I'll drive down and stay in a motel. Travelodge has a special 15% off if you stay 2 nights ($46.75/night + tax). That is $6 or $7/night cheaper than the Adobe Inn.

So, who all is planning on going?

Ron & ?
Tom
James w/class
Rick

Looks like I'll be there working a class. :) I probably won't have much time to hang around, but we should be able to get some chat time in. :)

We shall see you there! :D

Maybe we can time our dives so we can harass your students! :cheers:

If your schedule will allow, we could hook up for dinner.

Hi Ron,

I might be able to go this weekend. I don't think I'll have the camper mounted on my truck yet though. Who are you going with? I'm thinking I'll drive down and stay in a motel. Travelodge has a special 15% off if you stay 2 nights ($46.75/night + tax). That is $6 or $7/night cheaper than the Adobe Inn.

So, who all is planning on going?

Ron & ?
Tom
James w/class
Rick

Rick,

We are planning on camping. We don't need no them there stinky trailer! :D I have one, but by the time I haul it down, it's not really worthwhile for two nights.

I'm just going to bring my Small tent, a cot, etc. I have steaks and shrimp so I will provide dinner for one night. I think the other we may go out. I'll talk to Tom before we go, and arrange food. Camping is better with good food.

Camping is a bit more work, but they have showers, and the campground is comfortable, and nice. I'm into the camping thing!

You are welcome to join us. I'm planning on driving. Leaving Friday morning I think to be there for a night dive.

After talking with Ron tonight, I'll be TENT camping too.

(I hadn't tent camped in years until last summer with my local LDS on some mountain weekend dives. I have an old motorhome that gets less than 5 MPG that I use for short trips, or long stays usually towing the boat for water skiing. It would cost $100's to drive the motorhome down there - not worth it for a weekend. Late last summer I bought an old used pop-up truck camper last year just for these types of long weekend scuba trips, but I don't have enough time to get it mounted on and wired to the truck, much less checked it out. I haven't used it before.)

I am going to see if I can reschedule an early Monday morning appointment. If so, I'll stay down Sunday night with Tom and leave for home Monday morning. I've always wanted to dive the Hole on a Sunday after all the other folks have left. Ron and I have talked about whether it would be better to take a Monday off, versus Friday for a 3 day weekend.

Anyone else out there is welcome to join us, camping or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom