Blue Hole April 25~26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good diving this weekend. It was great meeting RonFrank, Waterskier1, and Tjack! My wife and I had a great time and enjoyed chatting with everyone during the SIs. We learned several valuable lessons this weekend. Before playing the victim in a Stress and Rescue situation, tell your buddy. SUV's don't have hatch releases on the inside (at least our Envoy doesn't). And those crawfish really do love potatoes!

We'll be up in Denver diving DiveDowntown.com (Denver Aquarium) on May 3rd.

See everyone out at Blue Hole again May 17th for abqdivers "3rd Weekend @ Blue Hole" dive.

Another great weekend at the Blue Hole, lots of groups there so visibility in the Hole was limited, not all bad though hanging in the middle with no sight of the sides one could imagine they were in the ocean somewhere. Perch Lake on the other hand had good visibility, and 54 degree water temps. Diving Perch on Sunday, Rick and I saw Largemouth Bass and Rainbow Trout. Despite the large number of people diving this weekend Perch Lake was empty of divers.

It was good to meet Kevin’s group and Skyhawk133 RMO’s newest member? The Crawfish sure do like potatoes and were still walking around with them Sunday afternoon. Brats as always hit the spot between dives for the humans. There was a bit of excitement at the hole Sunday as the police were hunting down a flasher who had exposed himself to some bikini babes swimming at the Hole.

Camping at Santa Rosa State Park was a bonus. Big pancake breakfasts thanks to Rick and steak and shrimp a la Ron, better food than any of the Santa Rosa dining establishments could provide. $10 per vehicle per night was a bit high for sites but camping is it’s own reward and the skies were clear.

I posted some photos from Perch on Saturday.

I had a great time too! Good to see James and Kevin again, and meet new divers Skyhawk133 & wife along with others from ABQ.

Thanks to Ron and Tom for their patience with me in changing gear configuration between single tank, doubles, and back again. I now know that I can handle doubles, if I choose to go that route; although I need more practice. They are heavier, but in the water it wasn't the weight as much as the mass. That is, getting them moving, stopping them and turning them was not as quick as with a single. Doning and Doffing them what more of a chore also.

Perch Lake really wasn't as green as Tom's pictures might lead one to believe. I really enjoyed diving there.

I had a good time as well. It was difficult to pull out Sunday to be back home for work Monday... I had an eventful drive home. My Subaru blew a head gasket in CO springs. So that was REAL FUN! :banghead:

Perch was good, but I would have been a lot warmer had I not had my long underwear stuffed under my drysuit neck seal. This apparently occurred when I hopped off the dock into the water. Basically my entire front side was soaked. Despite the fact I was cold, we did 40 minutes UW, and once topside I warmed up quickly.

Good to see everyone. We will plan something again before July.

Back
Top Bottom