Blue Hole April 25~26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Weather is looking great! Highs in the mid 80's Saturday, and a bit cooler Sunday. Lows will be 47F ish which is plenty warm for camping. No rain predicted. I don't like to camp in the rain or especially break down camp with wet gear.

I am employed again starting next Monday, so this is my last *Fling* so to speak before I go back to the grind.

We checked the temperature at about 10' at Perch last weekend and it was 59. My wife and I will be out at Blue Hole again this weekend. Friday evening/Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.

Looking good, I plan on heading down early Friday so I can grab a choice campsite with a great view. We can check on the visibility at the lake, posibly do a dive there?

Tom, what time do you plan on getting there? I don't plan on being there much before 3:00PM. I'm assuming we'll be camping at Rocky Point Campground? Do all the sites have picnic tables? That would be nice to have to set up the stoves and to eat. I'm not planning on bringing a table.

We checked the temperature at about 10' at Perch last weekend and it was 59. My wife and I will be out at Blue Hole again this weekend. Friday evening/Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.

Make sure you stop by and say "Hi" to us. We usually park near the picnic tables at the back of the lot at Blue Hole. Tjack has a bright yellow SUV and I have a silver VW GTI. I'll have a little white "bubble watcher" (dog) with me.

Yep, and I wanted to take the AOW class over there to do the navigation dives. With two smallish ladies, that might be a bit too cold for them. Maybe I'll just lie and tell them it "about" the same as BH.....:eyebrow:

Do we want to plan on dinner out on Saturday evening? We may want to do a night dive, but that could be after dinner, or an early twilight dive as well. I assume Kevin and crew may need to do a night dive, and they are always fun.

We've been doing Comet of late, and the food is much better than the first time I ate there, not sure why. Lake City is always good, but with a group of 6+ it can be time consuming, and we would likely want reservations.

Thoughts?

Sorry I can't join you this weekend. This weekend is my daughter's birthday. I finally got word on the leak on my drysuit. It is the seam that is leaking. The good news is that it will be covered under warenty. Speaking of good news. Congratulations to Ron, he has rejoined the ranks of the employed. :balloons:

I'm open to what the rest of the groups wants to do. I guess Kevin will be there overnight since he has two AOW students that will likely want a night dive.

I've got a couple different sets of fins I want to try out, and I've got my independent doubles I'll give a shot too, but that will be during the day since I haven't dove doubles before.

I haven't had water to my house since Tuesday morning. The utilities company "broke" a 24" water main while installing another 24" main along side it. They have so much water running everywhere, eroding the new asphalt from underneath, and apparently no drawings to tell them what valves control what, so they have shut everything down. They lost a backhoe trying to dig up one of the leaks, because the water washed away the base under the asphalt they tried putting the backhoe on. I'm really frustrated. But, I can go to my gym to shower/shave....but no laundry or dish washing before I leave.

I think we'll be around for a night dive with Kevin and co. Will be our first in Blue Hole. Looking forward to it.

It's gonna be a party!! (again!!)

I've got three AOW students and one Stress and Rescue to work with during the weekend, so it shouldn't be terrible load class wise. My general plan is to be there about 8:30am on Sat, do two dives, and then go relax, have dinner and meet back for the night dive. I'd like to be on site for the Night dive no later than 6:30pm to get situated and geared up (sunset is a 7:30pm).

The Sandia Grill (just West of the La Quinta on the North) is open again and is pretty good, decent service and they are actually happy to see you. Unlike some other places in SR. I would suggest eating there, but we can discuss the details during the day.

We need to do another couple of dives on Sunday, I'd like to take the group out there, but we'll see how the wussy factor is on Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom