Blacktip firmware modifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't released yet. I am hoping to have the test build out this week for people to start testing

I uploaded the modified firmware from @benjammin17 to my Blacktip with jump speed, cruise control and reverse speeds. No dive buddy today, so have to wait until tomorrow on the boat to test out on some working dives for underwater cleanups. But the new functionality looks really nice. Here's a video to show how it works on land

I uploaded the modified firmware from @benjammin17 to my Blacktip with jump speed, cruise control and reverse speeds. No dive buddy today, so have to wait until tomorrow on the boat to test out on some working dives for underwater cleanups. But the new functionality looks really nice. Here's a video to show how it works on land

I was able to dive with the enhanced firmware from @benjammin17 and all I can say the features should have been provided by Dive-X with the Blacktip. Cruise control is really nice! The low speed migrate function just makes sense. And while not really essential, reverse gear does have its uses. Jump speed is a nice feature, but for me, the least useful. I was towing another diver for both of yesterday's dives so didn't really get to test out everything in depth, but it all works as expected

For anyone who doesn't do the Facebook Dive-X group, here is an updated vesc terminal command guide I put together after flashing the updated Blacktip firmware from @benjammin17 so I didn't forget what I did. This just adds the new commands to the DIve-X guide

Attachments

• BlackTip Pocket Guide (V2.2).pdf
    151.7 KB · Views: 330
Another weekend of diving with updated Blacktip firmware from @benjammin17 So far no problems encountered, it seems less glitchy than the stock Dive-X 1.15 firmware, and I got to take advantage of the new features

Just installed this, looking forward to playing with cruise this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom