best place in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDan are you trying to win the rude-dude award ? Not very dandy. I have been adding more detail as the thread goes on. . Look out, I may end up on "your side" of the channel and even be on the same boat, so check your air before jumping in LOL. :mooner:
Why is choosing PDC the wrong choice ? I heard lots of good things about PDC. We want sandy beach to relax on, good diving on the reef, cenote diving, good cheap shopping nearby, good choice of restaurants, no rowdy kids , or no loud nightclubs next door. We like secluded area, with lush tropical area around pool, not giant all-inclusive concrete resorts. If we stay in PDC , is the diving in Cozumel too far away to go to ? ISnt the diving off coast of PDC as good as cozumel ? WHo has been to both places and actually compare ?

Then you have chosen wrong. Try El Presidente and Scuba Du next time, and see how wrong you were. Oh, and Antonio, see you in nine days, save me a spot on the boat.

WHy is PDC wrong ? I read its a great place with lots to offer. Sandy beaches, cenote dives, great downtown with shopping and restaurants. I read that Cozumel has no sandy beaches, al rock. The shopping is small, and everything is imported cuz its an island, so everything is more expensive. ISnt Cuzomel close to PDC via ferry or dive boat ? I dont know.

DandyDan are you trying to win the rude-dude award ? Not very dandy. I have been adding more detail as the thread goes on. . Look out, I may end up on "your side" of the channel and even be on the same boat, so check your air before jumping in LOL. :mooner:
Sorry if I sounded rude; I may have misunderstood your attitude too. We try to answer vague "what/who's best" threads with constructive discussion, and these threads get hijacked by nonspecific cheerleading, but you finally told us what you wanted. Have fun in PDC. Yeah, you can take the ferry to dive Coz if you want but being a day tripper, it won't be the same - but enjoy yourself wherever.
Why is choosing PDC the wrong choice ? I heard lots of good things about PDC. We want sandy beach to relax on, good diving on the reef, cenote diving, good cheap shopping nearby, good choice of restaurants, no rowdy kids , or no loud nightclubs next door. We like secluded area, with lush tropical area around pool, not giant all-inclusive concrete resorts. If we stay in PDC , is the diving in Cozumel too far away to go to ? ISnt the diving off coast of PDC as good as cozumel ? WHo has been to both places and actually compare ?
Like GG said, Nope - but there is some nice diving over there.

Last edited:
Contact Francisco Zamoro and see if he can take you to out diving. He likely will suggest Puerto Aventura as one site. It's great. Look him up on facebook. Since your new to the area, all of it will be a cool adventure. When I first started traveling the only help I could ever find was someone that I personally knew that went to where I wanted to go or National Geographic. I had a lot of great adventures before the net wizards started wrecking my vacations because of the 'must sees' that I missed. Crap I've seen things on islands that people will never hear about unless you bump into them like I did.
Just go to PDC area and experience it. Is this your last vacation, not likely, so go there get the feel and get back some time to feel out some more.
I am positive that I missed a ton of things that I read about since discovering net vacation wizardry. I dont think I have ever had a failed vacation because I missed something.

WHy is PDC wrong ? I read its a great place with lots to offer. Sandy beaches, cenote dives, great downtown with shopping and restaurants. I read that Cozumel has no sandy beaches, al rock. The shopping is small, and everything is imported cuz its an island, so everything is more expensive. ISnt Cuzomel close to PDC via ferry or dive boat ? I dont know.

Cozumel has more to do under water then above water.

PDC has more to do above water then below water.

That's about a simple as it can be to explain it other to say maybe - most divers go to cozumel to dive, vacationers go to PDC not to do things that might involve diving.

One more try -

People go to Cozumel for a dive vacation. People go to PDC to vacation and maybe do some diving while they are there.

Cozumel has more to do under water then above water.

PDC has more to do above water then below water.

That's about a simple as it can be to explain it other to say maybe - most divers go to cozumel to dive, vacationers go to PDC not to do things that might involve diving.

One more try -

People go to Cozumel for a dive vacation. People go to PDC to vacation and maybe do some diving while they are there.
Of course, that's a sweeping generalization. I've been going to Cozumel since 1978, and I've only been diving since 1994. I'll be going there again in May with nine other people and only one of them dives. My wife and I will be diving a lot, but not all of the time we are there.

ok, you ve convinced me. We are going there for diving specifically, and other water activities, saling, etc.. I had heard that PDC was the place to go for cenotes and still do some reef diving , all in the same trip. BUt it sounds like Cozumel really is the mecca, and a must do. I am looking at the Sabor adults only resort now on Cozumel , getting ready to reserve a pool terrace room.

ok, you ve convinced me. We are going there for diving specifically, and other water activities, saling, etc.. I had heard that PDC was the place to go for cenotes and still do some reef diving , all in the same trip. BUt it sounds like Cozumel really is the mecca, and a must do. I am looking at the Sabor adults only resort now on Cozumel , getting ready to reserve a pool terrace room.
Good plan. It is much better, IMO, to base your open water diving at Cozumel and do a day trip to the cenotes than the other way round. FWIW, there is no reef to speak of on the Yucatan side of the channel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom