best place in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In asking for the BEST dive op or BEST lodging on Cozumel, you will get a long list of "BESTS" . It will be a running list of dive ops and/or lodgings that will ultimately turn into a pep rally.

In General, there are MANY dive ops who offer small fast 6 pack boats as well as larger boats. There are boutique style dive ops and those who offer bare bones service, both of which are wonderful depending on what a diver is looking for. The same goes for the lodgings as there are small hotels or B & B's, in town, out of town, AI or non-AI.

Therefore, in choosing a dive op and lodging, of course take the list of responses under some consideration , but, if you have not done so already, I highly recommend you take a look at the TRIP REVIEWS from the past few months, not necessarily the "MY BEST" lists. Then choose 3 -5 dive ops and accommodations that are of interest to you. From this list you may have questions that can be answered here on the board or contact the dive op/hotel directly. Once you have your best, then all you have to do is make the reservation, plan, pack and GO !!!

Overall, there are several dive ops that meet your requirements of 2 adults, advanced divers ( 100 dives) , 40+ age. looking for small group to dive with, no crowds, willing to pay extra for best dive sites off the beaten path. . Perhaps focus on a boutique dive op, six pack boat. Also, lodgings that are way south or way north can be, for some folks, inconvenient as the cab fare can become expensive if you want to take in the sites, activities, and restaurants in town. If staying a distance away then a car rental may become an option, however, do consider the cost of the car and full insurance which can make a rental pricey. AI's are available, but, definitely research for the quality of food.

Regardless of what you decide upon, here's to wishing you a wonderful dive trip. Also, please do post a trip review. Not only is it so neat to read about the fantastic experiences of fellow divers, but the information that is shared really does help out others who are looking for their next diving vacation experience !

Last edited:
ok, I am asking for people's opinions about where they have been, what they liked, what part of the island is good for intermediate diving( not expert, not novice) , north, central or south. I have heard enough of "lots of places fit that..." and not enough of " we stayed here, we liked this dive op, we liked this beach..." can I get some more of that please... IN the past, I got good stories on the scubaboard , but I am getting some useless comments lately, come on , name some dive ops you like, some hotels that were great !

ok, I am asking for people's opinions... ... but I am getting some useless comments lately, come on , name some dive ops you like, some hotels that were great !

Never mind, pick your own place.

ok, I am asking for people's opinions about where they have been, what they liked, what part of the island is good for intermediate diving( not expert, not novice) , north, central or south. I have heard enough of "lots of places fit that..." and not enough of " we stayed here, we liked this dive op, we liked this beach..." can I get some more of that please... IN the past, I got good stories on the scubaboard , but I am getting some useless comments lately, come on , name some dive ops you like, some hotels that were great !

You asked for it: Diving: Living Underwater; Blue Angel; Dive with Martin; Pelagic Ventures; Papa Hogs; Liquid Blue; Blue XTC; Bottomtime Divers; Scuba with Alison; Scuba Tony; Aldora; Dive Paradise; Scuba Mau; Deep Blue; Aqua Safari; Scuba Gamma; We B Divin; Pasqual Scuba; Prodive; Scuba Du; Sand Dollar.

Hotels/B&Bs/Condos: Scuba Club; Fiesta Americana; Presidente; Mexicana; Flamingo; Villa Las Anclas; Baldwins; Blue Angel; Villa Blanca; Hacienda San Miguel; Barracuda; El Cantil; Bahia; El Marques; Casa del Mar; Costa Brava; Aldora Villa; Vista del Mar; Pepita; Iberostar; Cozumel Palace; Costa Brava.

I might have missed some but this should get you started.

I think you made a mistake when you titled the thread. I t should have been "Cozumel is the best place to dive.":D

Sorry to say this & it's the first time I've done so either here or at Tripadvisor but you've got a VERY bad attitude. Very few dive ops do the northern reefs, lots do the central ones because their cost to do so is low, and the vast majority do the common ones in the Marine Park because they satisfy the people that just came to see what's there. Do your own homework & make an uninformed decision or be polite, specify what's important in how you'd like things to go & at what price level. From your last post I'd think you already know more about Cozumel than all of us combined but you've lowered yourself just enough to ask for our help but if you have a bad trip it's all on us. Maybe you need advice on which week will have perfect weather & currents too.

Marg, I think I've dove with about 1/2 of your list & I'm looking forward to using the rest of them. I really like making new friends.

Marg, I think I've dove with about 1/2 of your list & I'm looking forward to using the rest of them. I really like making new friends.

I haven't dived with or stayed at anywhere near half of my lists. But they are names that turn up here, more or less, at various price points, amenities etc etc. I thought I'd save everylone a lot of time. Consider it a public service. :wink:

what part of the island is good for intermediate diving( not expert, not novice) , north, central or south. !

This can't be neatly parsed geographically although the north tends to have faster currents and so dive ops take their better divers there. If you are staying at a southern hotel it is unlikely you will be taken north due to travel distance and gas costs.

Oh, please.... :cool2:
We do not mean to be rude but this is a pet subject for some of us as it usually brings out a lot of useless cheerleading from folks touting their favorites.
Panda.gif

Whether or not anyone would take you north will depend on your first days in the water and what they think. Do they see you deploy your own sausage, etc. North is interesting but challenging. I saw a sausage almost run over up there last year. If all my dives were between Villablanca wall and Santa Rosa wall, it'd still be good, but the long your stay - the more different sites you will dive I think. We do not know...
Do you like all inclusive food & booze?

Do you like a beach with sand below the waterline?

Do you like going into town for dinners?

Do you like a small, fast boat or a large one with a head better?​
Even then I try to book hotel and air on an Orbita package with the 200entertain $200/room discount on a week, and you may need 8 nights to qualify from there as 7 have to be on island - then add diving separately.
You asked for it: Diving: Living Underwater; Blue Angel; Dive with Martin; Pelagic Ventures; Papa Hogs; Liquid Blue; Blue XTC; Bottomtime Divers; Scuba with Alison; Scuba Tony; Aldora; Dive Paradise; Scuba Mau; Deep Blue; Aqua Safari; Scuba Gamma; We B Divin; Pasqual Scuba; Prodive; Scuba Du; Sand Dollar.

Hotels/B&Bs/Condos: Scuba Club; Fiesta Americana; Presidente; Mexicana; Flamingo; Villa Las Anclas; Baldwins; Blue Angel; Villa Blanca; Hacienda San Miguel; Barracuda; El Cantil; Bahia; El Marques; Casa del Mar; Costa Brava; Aldora Villa; Vista del Mar; Pepita; Iberostar; Cozumel Palace; Costa Brava.

I might have missed some but this should get you started.
You probly wouldn't go wrong with any of those. I do like to save on hotels so I can spend more diving, and I kind of like my hotel close to the Op, but nothing is too far away.

Have a great trip...! :pilot:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom