best place in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll hear as many different answers as there are hotels and dive ops. You would be better off defining what you want from a hotel and a dive op. Everything is a trade off.

You would be better off defining what you want from a hotel and a dive op. Everything is a trade off.

Very true. For example I do not care much for the town and like to stay off the beaten path so Fiesta Americana works for me. It is south of the town and much closer to all the reefs. In practice that means that most boats depart from town and pick me up on the way. My ride is the shortest and I am the first one that is dropped off on the way back. Fiesta also has a very nice, small beach, very clean and well kept. Quiet and relaxing. Enjoy.

Indeed so many choices and price ranges too. Make sure wherever you stay that you are happy with the choice of dive operator for diving that suits your style. There is an equally wide array of choices in this department too.

let me clarify. 2 adults, advanced divers ( 100 dives) , 40+ age. looking for small group to dive with, no crowds, willing to pay extra for best dive sites off the beaten path.

Can't go wrong with Dive with Martin. Quick boats, great crews, once they get to know you they will let you have your own bottom time. Even if part of the group has to come up early, as long as you have your own SMB and you are (or have a DM in your group) they will let you continue and WILL be there to pick you up! Trust me, been there done that - no worries, enjoy. By the way prices are very reasonable especially on multi-day packages. Also, I have gone with several other shops in Coz, won't bad mouth any of them, but Dive with Martin has my vote.

I'll second that vote for Dive With Martin and agree with all the points stated. Would recommend them to anyone that prefers to dive their own plans or profiles and be responsible for themselves. Good call PSFlyer!

let me clarify. 2 adults, advanced divers ( 100 dives) , 40+ age. looking for small group to dive with, no crowds, willing to pay extra for best dive sites off the beaten path.

Think this would be perfect for you:
Untitled Document

I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Unless you charter your own boat, you're pretty much at the mercy of the least experienced diver when it comes to dive sites. Also, most, if not all, operators will want to check out your abilities before going to the more advanced sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom