Best meal by Restaurant in Cozumel - updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we're counting taquerias as "restaurants," then hell yeah to El Pique. We love their charro beans.
My wife loves the friojoles charros at el pique, but, we have found the Tacos al Pastor at Mr. Taco to be our favorite so far. We had a cab take us there and then we waked back in to the square area afterwards. FYI the cab driver grabbed a couple of Tacos to go after dropping us saying they were his favorite as well.
A side note, La Casa del Mojito on 5 has great food. Tostones are excellent and their Cuban Sandwich is dynamite.

If you want to hate yourself but take the best nap ever in your life, I suggest ordering a burrito at the Thirsty Cougar in town. This bar may be a tourist trap but they actually have some really decent food.

If you want to hate yourself but take the best nap ever in your life, I suggest ordering a burrito at the Thirsty Cougar in town. This bar may be a tourist trap but they actually have some really decent food.

KIng Burrito and Burritos Gorditos are very hard to beat for burritos!

I agree, but the Blackened Chicken burrito with the mango chipotle sauce at either the Cougar or Wendys is fantastic as well. It is more expensive but it a little more gourmet than the other 2 outstanding choices. Eusebio has grown quite the business since he moved from 65 to 5.

Something about the food and drink with mariachis @ La Mission keeps me going back more and more. :)

That's the wonderful thing about Cozumel eateries - there are so many with so much variety that there are plenty of choices for everyone.

Donde esta King Burrito y Gorditos??? When in Coz, I only go to Los Otates, La Chouza, El Pique, Le Chef, Machete, and a few others. Creature of habit. Also, after MX, it's definitely very difficult to find real, authentic MX food back home.

after MX, it's definitely very difficult to find real, authentic MX food back home.
My first trip to Coz inspired me to learn to cook more “homemade authentic” Mexican meals. And I have to say that I am rather proud of my efforts. Except for the tortillas. Just not worth the work.

Donde esta King Burrito y Gorditos??? When in Coz, I only go to Los Otates, La Chouza, El Pique, Le Chef, Machete, and a few others. Creature of habit. Also, after MX, it's definitely very difficult to find real, authentic MX food back home.
Burrito Gordito is on 5 between 2 y 4, and King Burrito on 5 between 4 y 6. If you haven't tried Casa Del Mojito on 5 between Salas y 3, it is worth a stop.

My first trip to Coz inspired me to learn to cook more “homemade authentic” Mexican meals. And I have to say that I am rather proud of my efforts. Except for the tortillas. Just not worth the work.
I even make my own tortillas. What a difference from the grocery stores (unless you are buying them at Mexican grocery stores...).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom